62 valiant manual steering conversion

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting from power steering to manual I'm swapping in a 64 dart manual box and column and my question is can I use my stock pittmen arm? They look to be close to the same but thought it might be easier to use the OEM pittmen arm
Thanks Aaron

the moog book I have lists (62-66) all k414 idler & k7020 pitman arm -- no mention of power steering---
I also have written k779 problem solver idler

Hope that helps. Lawrence

OK I got the manual box in anybody have any tips about changing the Steering shafts from one column to the other I got a column from a 64 but there's some differences and I'm thinking I should just change out the shafts? I don't want to spend anymore money so a coupler is out if the question
Aaron

I have not attempted this yet-- but will be on a 69 p/s to manual shaft.

I've heard the snap ring at the top of the shaft comes out & then you can slide the shaft out of the tube.

Basically swap the p/s unit for the manual unit. Lawrence

I just completed the manual conversion on the valiant today here's a couple pics
IMG_20120308_104637-1.jpg

IMG_20120308_104805-1.jpg

Hi.....

I have a 1960 V200, w/o p/s, and might like to own those parts that you just replaced ( I want power steering, and brakes).

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for negotiation.

Thanx, BB

"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's Best Friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read." M Twain

-
Back