63 and 64 Dart headliner differences

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a big difference between the 2 years for the headliner? I have seen 63 headliners priced at least $50 more than 64's and wonder if it is due to a smaller headliner in the 64's. I have 6 headliner bows on the roof, do the 64's have the same number? I know the 64 back window is a little larger than mine but I can't see why the headliner pricing would be so different when the cars seem so similar.

There shouldn't be a big difference in the headliners between the two years.

My part listings for the 63-66 Darts have the same part number for the 63-64-65 and 66 models. The only difference would be whether or not the headliner is perforated, but even the perforated version is the same price as the non-perforated version which is $94.00.

Thanks Rick. Do you know which type the 63's had in them? Mine has a newer one installed about 2 inches off center so its wrinkled and can't be fixed since it was trimmed off center. Not a high priority item right now but I have been pricing them and saw a big difference on one site between the 2 years. Thought maybe I was missing something and should make sure I ordered a 63 and not a 64. Your price is about in the middle of the 2 prices I saw.

They could have come with either the perforated or non-perforated, it kinda depended on what was handy when the car came down the assembly line as I've not seen any hard and fast rule as to what cars may have got the perforated headliner compared to the cars that got the non-perforated style. If anybody else might have info on this, please share! :D

I guess it would all boil down to a matter of personal taste. Myself personally, I would probably go with the perforated. I think it would "breathe" better and not let moisture/condensation gather on the underside of the roof.

Not to hijack here but is there a kit that has the bows also? Mine got lost before I got it so I need something. Thanks guys! Mike

There is a headliner kit available that does contain the bows, hardware, and headliner....but it's for the 71-75 Duster/Demon/Dart Sport cars.

This kit is designed to put a fabric headliner in where there was originally a plastic headliner on those models of cars.

If a person was handy, maybe that kit could be modified and fitted to an early A-body??????

Thanks for the info. If I can't find anything else that will be worth a try! Mike

-
Back