'63 Dart GT Headers?

-

Soren

Reaction score
So, I'm think I might want to get some headers for the '63 Dart GT. It has the 225 in it. What do people recommend? What should I look out for? Do I have enough space under the hood for headers? etc, etc, etc?

So, I'm think I might want to get some headers for the '63 Dart GT. It has the 225 in it. What do people recommend? What should I look out for? Do I have enough space under the hood for headers? etc, etc, etc?
I used Clifford for mine and they worked great.

Jake

If you have manual steering, then the Clifford shorties will fit - you might or might not get them right away if you order them from Clifford (they have a not so good reputation!). Another option would be dual Dutra duals - I guess you could call them cast iron mini-headers. Member Waggin used to fabricate a set of manifolds that were the front and rear 3 - don't know if he does it anymore though.

If you have power steering, then the only headers that will fit without modifications are the long obsolete Clifford long tubes. An Aussie outfit looks to be remaking them - pretty price with the shipping. The same other options as above still would apply if you have PS.

Another option would be to install a 2.25 inch headpipe allowing the engine to breath a bit better for a bit more performance. Good luck on whatever you decide!

I run a 2.25 pipe into a 12 inch cherry bomb exiting right before the rear tire. No need for headers.

-
Back