63 dart heater core

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a heater cor for a 63 dart? I got one last year off of ebay......It just sprung a leak this morning on the freeway. I would like to stay away from the ebay ones if I can. Thanks

what year will a heater core from a 63 interchange with?

did 63's have A/C??

A NAPA number for that heater core for 63-66 is

H2212

with or without A/C
Hope that helps somewhat, in either finding it or crossing it!

Cerwin

Thanks Cerwin, I never thought to try napa. I did try autozone and checker, they both listed it but not available.

Cerwin, I punched in that number at napa online and it doesn't show anything. What vehicle did you look it up under? They do show one for a 65-66, Part number NHC 6603038. Is this the same one your talking about?

I'm not sure why they would be different, unless the 63 Dart's are different than the 63 Valiant's. I put a heater box out of a 63 Valiant in my 64 Valiant and the heater core was the same all the way up to 69.

[Click image for part details] CR9104
Heater core for all 1963-1969 A-body models.

$65.00

This is at Year one.

Lee

moparlee said:
I'm not sure why they would be different, unless the 63 Dart's are different than the 63 Valiant's. I put a heater box out of a 63 Valiant in my 64 Valiant and the heater core was the same all the way up to 69.

[Click image for part details] CR9104
Heater core for all 1963-1969 A-body models.

$65.00

This is at Year one.

Lee

There you go you could try year one!for 65 bucks.. right on, a cant even bring up your number 6603038. but i was checking valiant because dart just wasnt working! and it will be the same thing.

-Cerwin

Yep, I was searching under Dart, Go figure. I can get one for a valiant that is the same as the dart but, no reference for the dart. Someone at NAPA needs to do parts interchange updates. Thanks for the replies everyone.
My core blew a hole in it going down the freeway and my windshield instantly fogged over, thankfuly I was close to a checker store and bypassed it. once I got where I was going. On the way home I noticed the temp gauge going up and pulled over again.......messy, messy, messy, I didn't get the radiator cap on straight. I had antifreeze everywhere. Dripping off the hood, filled up my intake crevices, all over the the place! Needless to say, I spent a good amount of time cleaning it all up. Nothing like a nice uneventful sunday drive!!

P.S. Moparlee that blue paint just looks plain killer!! Beautiful

Picked up a core from napa listed for the 63-69 valiant and it's exactly the same . It seems to work better though as far as heat transfer. Cerwin thanks for pointing me to napa. 35$ and some change.......yeaha not going to freeze my nads this winter and I might even be able to see out the windshield without it fogging up! I'm syched for cold weather to get here.

do you have any idea how you put a holein the core??

I tend to find that creating a ground strap from the core to the body of the car will aliviate burning any holes in them over time, i had a corsica that would do it over and over for years, and a buddies astro van that was doing it, just as bad as my car.. mind you its a bowtie, just a heads up!

unless its all put away and done with dont worry i was just saying if your under there still!

Cerwin

HHMMM, I'm not really sure what did it but I have a good Idea. I really don't want to tell on myself either but, I will.
When I was installing my aluminum radiator back in after my engine swap it mysteriously developed a small leak that I could not find. I used the handy dandy aluminum stop leak and that fixed the radiator but......I believe it may have clogged up my core. I also noticed that It looked like the inlet and outlet tubes were soldered by someone with a blindfold on. My old core also looked like it may have been leaking around the tubes for quite some time. Not alot but enough to build up a chemical deposit on the outside.
I just read about a device that replaces the radiator drain petcock that is supposed to reduce ionizing effects in the radiator, not sure what that means but it seemed like a good idea. I forgot where I seen it. I may give it a whirl if I can find it again.
Cirwin as far as the ground strap, I am confused about how this would help. Does it remove static electrical charges or something to that effect?

63dartman said:
Cerwin as far as the ground strap, I am confused about how this would help. Does it remove static electrical charges or something to that effect?

yea static charges can burn holes.

I never heard of that before. I already have everything buttoned up now but, if this one fails I will most definately try the ground strap. Thanks for the info too, I will be sure to pass it on when I can. I'ts no wonder the repro faisl as thin and weak as they are.

-
Back