63 Dart hood,insulation, bumpers

-

JimD

Reaction score
I didn't have any hood insulation on the hood when I bought the car. I just painted under the hood , and about to put insulation on the hood. Does the black part go towards the hood, and isulation towards the motor or vise versa. In addition can anyone show or tell if there are rubber bumpers in the hood, thanks in advance, Jim

The insulation side goes toward the hood.
Not sure about the "bumpers" you asked about, unless you are talking about the adjustable bolt type stops that the hood rests on at the corners.
Or some cars had little rubber things along the inside of the fender that the hood rests on.

I didn't have any hood insulation on the hood when I bought the car. I just painted under the hood , and about to put insulation on the hood. Does the black part go towards the hood, and isulation towards the motor or vise versa. In addition can anyone show or tell if there are rubber bumpers in the hood, thanks in advance, Jim

Thanks I see a lot of holes in the hood didn't know if any of them got bumpers , I have the ones in the body, Jim.

There are a set of holes across the inside/front of the hood that are for the seal that goes between the hood & front cowl/radiator support area.

This seal influences air flow thru the radiator by providing resistance to flow up and over the radiator...effectively increasing the efficiency of the radiator. There are other less important reasons.

If you want a large detailed picture of the seal applied to the hood send me a PM with your email.

-
Back