63 Dart

-

phil7402

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first posting. I've just purchased a 63 Dart / slant-six race car from a small town in MO. After discovering a old convertor box label I was able able to contact the builder. Stock bottom end 72 / 225, blueprinted and balanced. Wiend intake, 650 / Holley. Head has Ford valves / chevy springs / pocket port / welded rockers. Cam is Mopar (he couldn't remember grind). Clifford split headers. 904 w/reverse body. 9-1/4 4:10 posi.
I purchased this car for the body and plan on swapping the 340 / 727 from a 71 Scamp I was building after playing at the old time drags in Tulsa and the HAMB drags this year. The guy I got it from won his class at the HAMB Drags last year with it, say's it runs 15's.
I sure could use any tips and pics of 63 Dart race cars / street cars. Anybody else out there playing with the 63 / 66 Darts ?

Hooray! Someone else who is an early a body enthusiast!
I have a 1964 Dodge Dart GT Convertible that's just come out of the garage after a 1-1/2 year restoration, replacing my 64 Hardtop that was totalled in 98. Took a while to get this one underway.
Get used to the "What is that" question, you'll hear it a lot!
Good luck with your new project
We share a lot of similar parts , if you need anything let me know, parted out a couple of cars (both v-8's) to make this one and have a pole barn full of parts that no one needs!!!!

Joy

I done basically the same thing that you want for your Dart,to my 64 Valiant.Mine was a /6 .It now has a 68 340/727/8 3/4.Minitubbed,relocated springs,frame connectors,ETC.
28063499.gif

18674803.gif

It was good enogh for Mopar collector`s guide..lol
25860162.gif

Thanks for the response guys, car was from Carthage, MO. Rebuilt a Holly 650 and rebuilt the brakes this weekend. Ready for the Drags this Sat. My first dart was a 69 Swinger 340. It ran 13.90's at 101 pure stock on redline wide ovals. Never foregot that MOPAR punch and I'd bet a lot of brand "X's" never foregot being dusted.

-
Back