63 valiant suspension

-

CurtDawg510

Reaction score
Im gunna b workin on my friends 63 valiant and upgrade it a lil...
Will 74 dart control arms bolt in place on the frame?
That wud b awsum if they did, cuz its jus layin around
Thanx guys

Upper or lower ??
Almost everything beside centerlink, Pittman and idler arm is swappable, im assuming your asking to put on 74 disk brakes on. But if your swapping say the upper control arm but sticking with 63 spindles than no. 74 has bigger upper ball joint.

good answer 273

original poster ask more specific questions to better assist-- alos this forum has many threads with good info-- search is your friend.

your friends 63 has the same suspension parts as 1962-1966 a body cars so any of threads with those years will apply to your 63. Lawrence

273's answer is exactly right. Yes, they will bolt to the frame, but there are other issues. As he said, the UCA's do not directly interchange. The ball joint is bigger and only fits a 73+ spindle. Many swap all 73+ parts to get "BBP disk brakes" (search that). Steering linkage also changed in 73+. Probably no issue using 63 steering w/ 73+ wheel parts (many have), but I recall some discussion of potential "bump steer".

273's answer is exactly right. Yes, they will bolt to the frame, but there are other issues. As he said, the UCA's do not directly interchange. The ball joint is bigger and only fits a 73+ spindle. Many swap all 73+ parts to get "BBP disk brakes" (search that). Steering linkage also changed in 73+. Probably no issue using 63 steering w/ 73+ wheel parts (many have), but I recall some discussion of potential "bump steer".

Having personally done two 1973+ A body disc brake swaps onto narrow bodies; I had no bump steer issues at all, maybe because I kept the Torsion bars at stock height. :)

yes, i got 1974 upper and lower control arms still bolted to spindle...it looks like it shud all fit, but i jus wanted to run it by before i dig in it and find out i gotta do than expexted..
i have done this 73+ control arm swap before in two 70 dusters, i jus wanted to make sure s 63 would b jus as ez
thanx guys!

-
Back