'63 Valiant V200 wagon - location of heater blower resistor

-

shortmort37

Reaction score
Off of my heater blower switch connector, there's another two-wire connector that's dangling:

connector.jpg

The wiring diagram indicates that this connects to a "heater blower resistor" somewhere under the dash (as shown to the right of the firewall bulkhead connector):
diagram.jpg

But there's no receiving connector in sight. Where should I expect to find this resistor - and if it's not there, where can I find a replacement? I haven't yet found the P/N in my parts book.

adTHANKSvance,
Dan

Off of my heater blower switch connector, there's another two-wire connector that's dangling:

View attachment 1716242782

The wiring diagram indicates that this connects to a "heater blower resistor" somewhere under the dash (as shown to the right of the firewall bulkhead connector):
View attachment 1716242783
But there's no receiving connector in sight. Where should I expect to find this resistor - and if it's not there, where can I find a replacement? I haven't yet found the P/N in my parts book.

adTHANKSvance,
Dan
Found the P/N. Now, where does it go? And where can I get one?

IMG_9887.JPG

Ah! Found it, in the service manual. It appears to be on the firewall near the heater assembly. Now to crawl under the dash and see if it's still there.

IMG_9888.JPG

On my 65 the resistor was actually on top of the heater box

Ah! Found it, in the service manual. It appears to be on the firewall near the heater assembly. Now to crawl under the dash and see if it's still there.

View attachment 1716242805
In the heater box, just where I told you on Facebook. That's where they all are. Whether the wiring goes straight from the blower or the switch. Glad you found it.

In the heater box, just where I told you on Facebook. That's where they all are. Whether the wiring goes straight from the blower or the switch. Glad you found it.

Yeah, that "in the heater box" threw me - but the resistor was "on" the heater box, and the connectors are now mated. And the radio was already out to replace the defroster grates. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.

Yeah, that "in the heater box" threw me - but the resistor was "on" the heater box, and the connectors are now mated. And the radio was already out to replace the defroster grates. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.
Thanks for the update. Some posters never let us know how things turned out. Or express their appreciation for our advice.

-
Back