63 Valiant vs 64-66 Fuel tanks

-
Thats weird,either way i used a CR11F tank thats listed for 63-66. Worked great.

63 uses an O ring seal for the filler neck 64,65,66 uses a grommet. I would use the 64-66 tank and grommet.
Thats what the one i used had was a grommet. But the stock original used the same thing.

Did the CR11F tank come with the grommet? Or do I need to order it separately and will it work with the 63 filler neck?

Did the CR11F tank come with the grommet? Or do I need to order it separately and will it work with the 63 filler neck?
Mine didn't come with the grommet, just the sender seal and lock ring. The grommet is readily available though. There may be a supplier of the tank that includes the grommet, but, mine didn't.

I ordered the CR11F tank from 1A Auto and it came with the sending unit gasket and lock ring as well as the filler neck grommet. Appears to be good quality.

I just put a Tanks Inc tank (same for '63 up) and a DMT grommet (OEM quality material) in the wife's '63 Dart. It does fit a but wonky and this thread now explains it! I am having a bit of a time getting the seal on the trunk floor slid back far enough to fit the factory holes.... It may be because the original '63 was just a tiny bit different. I will drill new holes to align the seal nicely with the new tank now that I know why things are not _quite_ lining up...

-
Back