-

GHOST RUSTERS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey FABO. I’m looking for a set of 1964-1965 Barracuda/ I’ve read that 66 is different because of the coffin center console… (maybe other A-bodies might work? Valiant?) bucket seat bracket slider bottoms, this would be the piece that attaches to the floor pan connecting to the seat bracket slider… I have seats with sliders but I am missing the piece to bolt them to the floor pan. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! See pictures for reference. YELLOW are the pieces I believe that I’m looking for. RED is what I already have. Thanks FABO!

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9596.jpeg

64-65 are on their own. 66 and up are completely different in every way. I have one 64-65 seat, don't recall which side, I can check next weekend.

64-65 are on their own. 66 and up are completely different in every way. I have one 64-65 seat, don't recall which side, I can check next weekend.
I appreciate that thanks for reaching out. You have a one full 64-65 seat? Or the seat slider bottom that I mentioned I’m looking for?? Regardless yes, please keep me posted if you don’t mind. Thank you!

I believe @65 Dartman has already seen my thread asking about the seats as he did respond in verifying what my seats were… but didnt mention possibly having any other parts I was looking for, but then again I didn’t ask directly and I didnt want to be rude in PMing him or @jeff alder out of context. But thank you for the heads up! Still on the hunt.

The 65 buckets I have do have the floor brackets but don’t anticipate separating them from the seats.

I will comment that the floor brackets on my passenger 66 Barracuda seat I have in my wagon as well as some from my 67 Charger buckets look to be identical to those for the 65.

I can respect and appreciate that and thanks for checking. Would it be too much to ask for a few pictures of your 65 buckets so that I have a better idea and understanding of what the correct and assembled set up looks like? I’ll keep the search going and hope for some positive results. Thanks for your time and efforts!

I will get to my storage building and unpack one of them (got them bagged up for protection against critters). I removed the floor brackets before packing them. If my 66 passenger seat with the brackets attached will work, I can get pics this morning. I can also take pics of the 65 floor brackets since I have them in them here in the basement.

I can respect and appreciate that and thanks for checking. Would it be too much to ask for a few pictures of your 65 buckets so that I have a better idea and understanding of what the correct and assembled set up looks like? I’ll keep the search going and hope for some positive results. Thanks for your time and efforts!
I just sold a set that I had refurbished. The part out car ended up being sold whole to a member here to turn into a gasser. Give me a couple days to look through my barn for another set. I have to go back in there tonight to look for a partial 4 speed tunnel for another member. Do you just need a set for one seat? I saw the pictures and can see you only need the bottom half of the frames.

I just sold a set that I had refurbished. The part out car ended up being sold whole to a member here to turn into a gasser. Give me a couple days to look through my barn for another set. I have to go back in there tonight to look for a partial 4 speed tunnel for another member. Do you just need a set for one seat? I saw the pictures and can see you only need the bottom half of the frames.
Yes that’s the correct, the bottom pieces that would attach to the floor pan, and I’m in need of both for the driver and passenger side. Thank you!

I will get to my storage building and unpack one of them (got them bagged up for protection against critters). I removed the floor brackets before packing them. If my 66 passenger seat with the brackets attached will work, I can get pics this morning. I can also take pics of the 65 floor brackets since I have them in them here in the basement.
That would be very helpful in looking for what I’m needing. Don’t let it be a hassle though please. Thank you!

Here are the plates that go between the floor and the tracks on my 65 buckets

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

And the hardware to attach the floor plates to the tracks

IMG_7127.jpeg

And the L and R tracks/floor plates on my passenger 66 bucket seat. The only difference I can see is the width between the 2 floor plates which I believe is due to the width lf the 66/67 seats

IMG_7130.jpeg

IMG_7131.jpeg

And a comparison between my 65 outer plate and a severely rusted outer floor plate from a 67 Charger seat

IMG_7132.jpeg

You can see the funny looking cutout in the Charger one; that’s how an owner can adjust the tilt/minor height of the seat relative to the floor

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time to get to those and for the detailed pictures. That’ll be very helpful in helping me find what I’m looking for and good to know about the funny little cutout. I appreciate the effort! Thank you!

Nothing to be sorry about at all. It’s all one giant scavenger hunt that makes putting Frankensteins fish together part of the fun.

Hey FABO. I’m looking for a set of 1964-1965 Barracuda/ I’ve read that 66 is different because of the coffin center console… (maybe other A-bodies might work? Valiant?) bucket seat bracket slider bottoms, this would be the piece that attaches to the floor pan connecting to the seat bracket slider… I have seats with sliders but I am missing the piece to bolt them to the floor pan. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! See pictures for reference. YELLOW are the pieces I believe that I’m looking for. RED is what I already have. Thanks FABO!

View attachment 1716297496

View attachment 1716297497
@Dutchrebuild This member has parted out several early a bodies and I believe he may have or had a couple of 65's. He is a parts guy and you could pm him. I will also still look for you. I know I have one set for sure but they are on seats that are in excellent shape and I dont want to remove them.

Thanks! I just sent him a PM. I would imagine they’d be the same setup between a valiant and a barracuda of the same year correct? Hopefully?
2 door 4 door and possibly a bench seat rather than buckets. He is a long time member from 2011. He will be able to answer your questions about compatibility. Don't rule dutchrebuild out either he knows parts and may have them as well.

2 door 4 door and possibly a bench seat rather than buckets. He is a long time member from 2011. He will be able to answer your questions about compatibility. Don't rule dutchrebuild out either he knows parts and may have them as well.
Noted and I can use all the help I can get. I PMd dutchrebuild as well. I appreciate the info and the contacts! Good lookin out!

Last edited:
Here are the plates that go between the floor and the tracks on my 65 buckets

View attachment 1716298951

View attachment 1716298946

And the hardware to attach the floor plates to the tracks

View attachment 1716298947

And the L and R tracks/floor plates on my passenger 66 bucket seat. The only difference I can see is the width between the 2 floor plates which I believe is due to the width lf the 66/67 seats

View attachment 1716298948

View attachment 1716298949

And a comparison between my 65 outer plate and a severely rusted outer floor plate from a 67 Charger seat

View attachment 1716298950

You can see the funny looking cutout in the Charger one; that’s how an owner can adjust the tilt/minor height of the seat relative to the floor
Just an FYI. That bracket would be for a 66 Charger. 66 A and B bodies were height adjustable, 67 were solid.

Well shoot… back to the drawing board, thank you so much for the helpful information I had no idea and have nothing to go off of, thanks for the feedback and the search continues!

Well shoot… back to the drawing board, thank you so much for the helpful information I had no idea and have nothing to go off of, thanks for the feedback and the search continues!
I have another set in a car which has very rough upholstery. The really nice spare seats I have with the tracks are for a restoration on that car. If the tracks are good in the car I'm thinking about letting you get them. I will let you know Monday or if you want to Private message your number to me I could call you after I climb in there and check their condition. I have both drivers and passenger bottom halves. The top halves I will not sell.

-
Back