Status
Not open for further replies.

Full_House

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,

I'm looking for an early Barracuda project with a 273 V8 and a manual 'box. I thought I'd found one so I hired a car and drove four hours to look at it yesterday after being told it's a manual, but it turned out to be an auto.

Budget is $2000-$2500. I've spent the last few months watching what these sell for in reasonable project condition. Craigslist in the west of the country is awash with early Barracuda's that aren't selling. Sadly for me they're all either rusted wrecks, automatics or Slant-6's.

This guy sold two of them (a V8 and a Slant-6) for $2785: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161159323046?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
This is the one I went to look at yesterday (he dropped the price to $1800, then put it back up after my initial phone call): http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4234096806.html
There's one for sale here in Las Vegas but it has no gearbox, there appear to be other missing pieces and the only engine is a special built 318 (not in the car) that cost $4000 to build. After months it remains unsold.
Finally, this one sounds like exactly what I'm after (barring the auto 'box) and it was up for $1500: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=242359

In short, I'm basing my budget on what I'm seeing them selling for.

I'm cool with knackered paint/interior or non-running cars. I'll give honest consideration to anything. I'm looking for something with the idea of taking it wherever I go in the world.

All responses to PM please. :)

Hi there,
I'm open to almost anything or I'll at least consider it.

As for the amount of work: well, welding isn't my strong suit (I wrecked an old Sunbeam attempting to 'repair' it. It looked like pigeons had lived in it when I was through...), but all the rest I'm OK with. Cars in pieces, rubbish paint, rubbish/no interiors, engine issues, etc. I'll give reasonable consideration to most things. Biggest thing I want to avoid is a basket case with the floor-pans hanging out, basically.

:)

Hmm, well I was just gonna throw a plug for my dads 66 out here. He has a 66 with high compression 273, and WAS a four speed. Four speed was long gone when he acquired it. Bucket seat, console car. Dark blue (now black and needs complete paint) car with blue interior. It has been sitting since the early 90's, has a different front clip on it, may have been in a wreck but the inner fenders are undamaged. Was a great straight car with light rust in the passenger floor pan but after sitting 20 years now needs both front floor pans and a front windshield. And there is now rust over both rear wheels on the quarter panels, and beginning to bubble out at the base of the trunk right above the drivers bumper.

SwinginACR - ah OK. Well, although it is out of my skills range and I'll pass, thanks all the same for taking the time to talk to me about it. :)

Dart_Doctor - I've considered buying a Slant-6 and converting it, but for now I'm going to keep pressing on looking for a V8. Thanks all the same.

I may have what you are looking for. Like you I was looking for a project and bought what I thought was a fairly rust free 1966 Barracuda with a 273 and 4 speed. When I started tearing into it I found more rust than I ever imagined and if has also been wrecked, so I bought a 66 Formula S shell. I am working too many hours now and would sell but I may be a little too high for you. I also have an extra 4 speed that goes with it. I don't come on this site very often so send me a PM

I have a 65 that I am being forced to sell because of spinal injury and I have my other 65 I just built a 420 hp engine and having a tranny built right now to put it back together and get rid of some cars . I am 52 now , I had a heart attack 2 years ago , and broke my back and neck 13 years ago . I had 9 cars at 1 time ,and its down to me and the wife left now . I just want my baby done right for the last time I have owned it since i was 17 in 1979 the blue 1 I am rebuilding right now , the red 1 I am interested in selling almost a give away for 5500.00 its an automatic but on the floor 273 priced right in the middle of what it would take to restore and a guy could still make 1500-2 k on it call me tommoro or when you get a chance we can talk or PM me an e- mail addy and I will send pictures of it to show it does need work or we do still take it to car shows up here in wisc just because there are none around . honestly 3500.00 to 4 k should make it a very sweet car again and unfortunately still undervalued .I have a budget of 15k for mine it will scream ,cruze, show very well but still be 10 k under what it is appraised for right now ,the market is just to soft for people to just be finding out about these cars . we go for a ride in your chevelle ,or 69 Camaro , get out take the same ride I get 30more honks screams ,and thumbs up and that's the 1 I am selling ,the red 1 . the blue 1 they might as well burry me in that car I have had it over 38 years and it is part of me. please pm and I will send some gr8 mopar **** as I like to call it or call at 1 608 837 4427 jon thanks

DN27 - OK, thanks, I'll be in touch by PM. I've already got a lead on another '66, but it won't hurt to find out more.

winstoninwisc - thanks for taking the time to write, but $5500 is going to be well out of my budget. I'm not really looking for one to restore and turn around to make a profit, more a long-term thing to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back