64-66 Barracuda Race Cars Post your Pictures

-
My buddy Keith Cole sold Clare a 68 Formula S Barracuda after he wrecked his first one.
I was there the day he wrecked it.rode down the track in David Henry's truck.heim joint broke and bar hit the track. I think is what caused the wreck. I loved that car. I have a 68 W2 dragcar.not as fast as the CAFlock car.but it's been here since 1989

Another wheel stander!

cudarc.jpg

I wonder if that Skootin Cuda was the Sox and Martin car?
And the Baltimore Bandit and the Virginia Twister are close also.
Looks like the Virginia Twister front end looks longer.
I think the Scootin Cuda was being campaigned at the same time Sox and Martin had there Barracuda. This car looks an awful lot like the Sox & Martin car.
Buckeye Veroil racing.jpg

I think the Scootin Cuda was being campaigned at the same time Sox and Martin had there Barracuda. This car looks an awful lot like the Sox & Martin car.View attachment 1715483376

Another crazy thing, The Buckeye and Vernon Barracuda picture is Richmond Dragway in Sandston Virginia! I use to run there also, it's an hour and a half from Suffolk south of Richmond VA. I made a few passes with this car. 225 with the Hyper Pak, 500 Holley 2 Barrel, Hyper Pak cast iron headers with short extensions to get under the car. 4 speed, 3.55 and a set of Firestone Cheater Slicks! This car ran 15 flat and that is when I knew the slant could go lots faster.

Driver.jpg

Here's my old "Halfbreed" 63 valiant with 65 'cuda grill... 340 4 Speed... ( note my front Suffolk Raceway license plate ). Picture from 1972-73 ish
20200311_073552.jpg

Last edited:
Clif, that was one fast Valiant! Thanks for the timecard picture also! That $200 dollars went a long way back then!
Qkcuda, very nice Cuda! Thank you for your Quicksilver photo!

So far the red one with the big tires, the blue m/stocker and the marron one in #6 are my favorites. But they all are great.

Slayer, you have been collecting early barracuda pictures for a long time! Great shots, thanks for posting.

-
Back