64-66 Barracuda Rear Defroster

-

64fish

Reaction score
Anyone out there have or know anyone that has a rear window defroster, wiring, and dash switch for a 64-66 Barracuda:banghead: Any help would be great!!

never seen one heard of one or would even care about one! Drive mine in nice weather only and when had my 66 cuda draged raced it, drove it to the track never had issues with rear window needing defrosting! Why waste your time and energy on such a silly thing! Cannot be original equipment either as my current 65 formula s has everything in it they came with! Ralley steering wheel, rpm guage, just not ac but who would want to be slowed down by that? JMO.....

65Cudalover

never seen one heard of one or would even care about one! Drive mine in nice weather only and when had my 66 cuda draged raced it, drove it to the track never had issues with rear window needing defrosting! Why waste your time and energy on such a silly thing! Cannot be original equipment either as my current 65 formula s has everything in it they came with! Ralley steering wheel, rpm guage, just not ac but who would want to be slowed down by that? JMO.....

65Cudalover
It was an option weather you believe it or not. It fits in the right rear trunk panel.

65Cudalover

Not sure what to make of this post. Seems kinda mean-spirited to me.

:wack:

65Cudalover

So, your car has disc brakes? Quick ratio steering box? AM/FM radio with reverb and rear speaker? Remote outside mirror? There were a lot of options that you or your car may not have or heard of. To the original poster, sorry I sold the one I had a couple years ago.

This should help you, I found this in the glove box of a 1965 Cuda at the auto wreckers back 20 years or so ago. I pulled out the hole thing and sold it, but kept the paper work. It is printed both sides on 1 peice of paper.
If you want better images let me know and I can email them to you.

Attachments

• 65 Cuda rear d1 sm.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 65 Cuda rear d2 sm.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 536
Pretty sure I saw a couple of switches on Ebay the last couple of days for the rear defroster.

That second picture looks like something from my sex-ed class in high school.

I live in the northeast and I drive my '65 in early spring and it's been late enough in the fall that it snowed on it... I never knew they had a defogger available... Now I WANT one!

I wonder how well a clip-on fan to the rear seat bar would work? Some of them have long cords that plug right into the cigarette lighter.

I wonder how well a clip-on fan to the rear seat bar would work? Some of them have long cords that plug right into the cigarette lighter.
That is how its done on school bus` and semi trucks and works well. Although they are mounted with screws.

Yup concur, my 64 Is completely optioned minus the rear defroster or the reverb speaker. You could only get one or the other. If you notice on the passenger side trim panel it has a long slit in it….. for the heater!! If they never did it you wouldn't have the speaker. If you have ever noticed some fold down rear panels also will go all the way across to the quarter panel, (non-defroster cars) defroster cars just cover the cargo area and use the trunk for a re-circ area……. or as told by Govier to me a few years ago…

I just picked up a rear defroster for my Signet. The blower is mounted in a 6X9 speaker position! Lucky my rear deck has space for three... so anyone got docs to show me how to install my defroster in my Signet?

Attachments

• blower.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 473
Here it is in my 70 Dart.

015.jpg

Just a switch on the dash much like a map light switch, but with 2 speeds for the blower.

Okay I guess I can also confirm this option. I have an original 65 with rear defroster and switch. I can not confirm whether it actually works or not. I pulled my blower out to clean it up and test the blower works but I am going to guess the switch is having a problem. Not sure yet.

I have one in the barn I pulled from a 66 Imperial years ago. I wonder if it would fit my Barracuda.

-
Back