-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Getting some unibody frame straightening done on the rear and trunk area and am in need of a trunk hinge in better than good condition. If you wobbles on its pin I don't need it, I already have one of those! Thanks

Just an FYI- I have been thru about 10 sets of hinges. The set I went with was from a 29,000 miles car. All loose. I tried to take a set and bushing them with a brass bushing (drilling out) and fabricating new pins. They would not work properly. There is a reason those are loose. The ones with 29k even rocked side to side BUT worked flawlessly. so I glass beaded and painted car color and ran with them.

Just an FYI- I have been thru about 10 sets of hinges. The set I went with was from a 29,000 miles car. All loose. I tried to take a set and bushing them with a brass bushing (drilling out) and fabricating new pins. They would not work properly. There is a reason those are loose. The ones with 29k even rocked side to side BUT worked flawlessly. so I glass beaded and painted car color and ran with them.
Thanks, yeah, I have one that is very tight and one really sloppy, enough so that it will pull in out about almost 1/4" and the body line tolerances are really tight as you know on the trunk.

I'll look around. I don't know what the origin of the trunk hinge problem is, mine were-one side broken and one side rusted solid. A failed design from the beginning for something that looks so simple, just like any other household door hinge. Weird.

I saw a retromod '65 around here that had some totally different hinges welded in permanently. Worked, but not adjustable or serviceable.

If you're so inclined Spring pin for trunk hinges 3/16" x 2-1/2"

Getting some unibody frame straightening done on the rear and trunk area and am in need of a trunk hinge in better than good condition. If you wobbles on its pin I don't need it, I already have one of those! Thanks

checked and don’t have one.

I have rebuilt several of these. The guy I get the pin for charges me 25 bucks a pin. The pin is a touch larger than stock and I have done a few sets for others here in the past. I was getting 70 dollars and they paid shipping both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back