64 Barracuda gas tank options?

-

64mopar

Reaction score
I plan on relocating my leaf springs under the frame,but they will hit the gas tank.
I am thinking about removing tire well and putting a tank/fuel cell in that area.
Has anyone done this,and what tank fits with room for springs and exhaust?

I plan on relocating my leaf springs under the frame,but they will hit the gas tank.
I am thinking about removing tire well and putting a tank/fuel cell in that area.
Has anyone done this,and what tank fits with room for springs and exhaust?
Probably a Mustang tank. They bolt right into a square cut hole.

A friend of mine put a Mustang tank in a 70 Duster that he installed a spring relocation kit on, and put the gas cap in the tail panel. It worked fine, but the gas cap looked like Fidos *** in the tail panel. You might measure a tank for a B body, to see if it is narrow enough and not too long. Then you could make the filler hide behind the license plate. I have a 25 gallon tank that I had made for my Duster, when I was going to put a 5.7 Hemi in it, but it is heavy as hell and may be too wide for an early A.

When I had my mini-tubbed 66 Barracuda, it had a narrowed stock tank. It was very functional, but left little room for exhaust with the springs hung from the frame. If I had kept it, I was thinking of removing the spare tire well and using a 62-65 Fairlane tank and have the fill behind the license plate.

fcst_ed_sa130_no_cap_2_1.jpg

Only $1300....but has the pumps. Its also includes a surge tank so way overkill. 13.5 gallons.

-
Back