64 Barracuda Rear glass install

-

abuong01

Reaction score
After a day of back and firth with the restoration shop I've decided to come to the A-Body board for help on a rear glass install issue

So -- Dante's sent the rear window gasket and the front windshield gasket along with TWO chrome lockstrips. Simple enough right...

The issue is the shop is telling me we don't have the right items to install the rear glass, he's saying we need two 90 degree clips for the lockstrip which makes no sense.

I'm at my wits end and could use some help -- please, no responses about changing restorations shops -- it's almost done other than putting the glass back in after the headliner was installed.

Parts Numbers in hand:
WCRDB3329-64/66 Cuda
WLS848/853SP-lock strip (two of these)

Thanks in advance for the help -

yes, the back left and right corner should have 2 metal (90 degree or a little larger) covers that cover where the lock strips meet.

Tell em to put the lock strip in up to the corner, and you will put the clips in when you get a couple, which aren't included in the kit!! They go in afterward anyway, so the glass shop should leave the lock stripping about 1/8" from the corner! It's only the 2 lower rear corners!

Pic of mine Installed!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 196
The "L" shaped clips are not reproduced and do not come with the lock strips. What did the body shop do with the originals that were on the car? If they lost them, try Layson's or I'm sure another member here has a pair to sell. Post it in the WANTED Section. Good Luck with the resto!

The "L" shaped clips are not reproduced and do not come with the lock strips. What did the body shop do with the originals that were on the car? If they lost them, try Layson's or I'm sure another member here has a pair to sell. Post it in the WANTED Section. Good Luck with the resto!

The original clips were beat up and lost when the rear glass came out. Thanks for the help!

Will post in parts WANTED section :)

BS-9222902...1964-66 Barracuda Rear Glass clips on corners. Can work for
the rear on Hardtops, but will need a little handwork
Note: These are a little wider than factory originals and
will require a little hands on coaxing to fit. They are the closest item

We have found to date and may require some trimming as well depending

On how picky one is….. $ 26 ea

In stock and ready to ship......

Rick

I don't even use them. Waist of time and money. Unless you pry them out of the rubber they are not going anywhere

I don't even use them. Waist of time and money. Unless you pry them out of the rubber they are not going anywhere

The weight of the glass and a proper install seem like enough to keep everything tight and in place.

Anyone else forgone putting clips back into place?

-
Back