64 Barracuda

-
Well We put the transmission and driveshaft back in yesterday, and installed the electronic ignition kit. Put the new head on and all thats left is the exhaust. But... it will have to wait a week, because I leave today with my church to go to mexico to build a house and serve in the orphanage. Hopefully i don't have to ride in a *shudder* chevy van on the way down ;) Wish me luck guys!

Well we got back, put the car together, and a couple adjustments later, its running like a dream! It used to have a shake up past 55, but i took it up to 85 with no problems. The electronic ignition helped a ton, and its so much nicer accelertation.

We need to get the headlight rings, both the "beauty rings" and the actual ring that holds the light in place, also the center caps for our rims, a standard 5 bolt, bolt on style. And possibly a grill for it, but its no big deal. Hopefully the next thing we do to her is a lil body work and a nice new coat of paint, either Black with white stripes, or Silver with Black Stripes. Still deciding haha.

Oh and we put the gauges in the console I made, and put it in the car, its awesome!

very kool my first car was a 64 barracuda,.in my opinion the nicest style,,

glad to se your progress,,,nice looking solid car to start with,,

as for your head lite bulb rings,,they are the same on all mopars of the same head lite bulb size,,

the trim rings,,commonly called head lite doors are 1964 1965 only,,barracuda,,im pretty sure valiant will be different,, good luck,,,

suggestion,,for your speakers,,in the dash there is a single speaker,,if it is still there,, make your self a bracket out of sheet metal or wood to hold 2 4 inch speakers in the orignal place in the dash,,this way you dont have to cut holes in the door panels or the kick panels,,they wont be seen and they work great,,

-
Back