64 cuda trivia & question

-

Garry

Reaction score
The 64 cuda was the only model that displayed all three logos ; valiant, plymouth and barracuda. Mine must have been bumped in the right rear cause when I had it blasted there was some plastic in that area. The problem is they eliminated that logo (valiant) I have it but I can't find the holes (must have welded them shut) Can anyone give me the precise measurements of the holes. It is the lower right on the panel just below the trunk deck.

Garry, actually there is no trivia there. Only a few months had the Valiant badging, the real early cars. Its unknown when they stopped but most of the early cars have the really long and larger Barracuda emblems the a on the end has a very long tail on it. the pins in the fender are 5 on early cars and 3 on later cars. EarlyAbody is starting a registry, hopefully with in a few years we can figure out the break in months.

Hope that helps, Rick

thanks Rick , but still looking for the location of the holes, so I can put my valiant logo back on.

Yes, Dart Doc there it is! Now I wish someone out there that had one could give me the location of the holes!!!

Well im sure some one will come along soon . I would just guess if i was you . Just go off the pic i posted lol .. But reallly im sore some one will post up that has a 64bcuda

I have read something on here before that it was not on all of the 64 models only the early ones. What is the production date on your tag?

One I saw at the Power Tour:

DSCF3874.jpg

Yea , Big axil , can you measure the location of the mounting holes for that valiant logo on the tail panel ? of course from the inside will be the easy way.

See if this helps, I measured my 64 Barracuda Valiant script. From the trunk lip to the tops of the "V" is 9/16" down; the bottom of the letters are 2 5/8" down and the end of the tail of the "T" is 3 5/16" to the body seam at the right tail light.

RCuda2 , wow thanks alot, just what I needed, I assume you did mean the bottom tail of the "t" and not the cross at the top. This cuda had the script, and there was some damage to that corner 25 yrs ago and my dad had a body shop fix it and they must have brazed the holes shut. I remember he was upset because they did not put it back on.

gotta love that early generation barracuda... this car was way ahead of its time in styling.

-
Back