64 dart convertible bench seat cover

-

ytsuji

Reaction score
This is my first thread. I have a 64 dart convertible with slant 6, automatic(push buttons) trans.
I purchased this 25 years ago and kept in the garage all the time. I'm currently restoring the car and most body works were completed. The engine and the trans were rebuilt and ready to put back into the car.
I'm looking for a new seat covers. Mine has a front bench seat and it seems like nobody has a front bench seat cover for 64 dart convertible.
This summer, at a local Mopar car show, I saw a restored 64 dart convertible with a new front bench seat. Unfortunately I could not find the owner to ask about his new seat cover.
Can anybody help me where to get new bench set covers for front and rear?

I'd appreciate for your help.

Aki Tsuji

I got mine at:

Original Auto Interiors, Inc.
7869 Trumble Road
Columbus, MI 48063
(586)727-2486

Mine has buckets but you might try them for a bench.

Exact original Signet 200 red two tone, 2 different colored red/maroon textured vinyl with correct silver piping. I also got seat back covers and rear seat lower and upper with chrysler silver heat embossed stamp where it should be. Carpet also.

Expensive but just like it rolled off the showroom floor.

I bought mine about 25 years ago as well. engine back in now and it is about ready to have a voyage it hasn't had in decades. good luck with yours.

James,
Thanks for the info. I'll contact the Original Auto Interiors, Inc. My seat colors are same as yours. By the way I live in Michigan and 2 1/2hrs. away from this supplier.
I do not have pictures right now, hopefully I can post my dart photos soon.

Both sound like nice cars and may you both enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Post some pics in the convertible section when you're ready!

Did you ever find a reproduction cover for the front bench?

An automotive upholstery shop can probably custom make one but it would be costly.

My "new" 64 Val 200 vert has a front bench that is in pretty bad shape. I have a whole lot of things to do just to get it roadworthy and driving on a ratty front seat for a year or so is not going to bother me. Meanwhile, I bought a pair of 65 buckets from a barracuda that are also in bad shape but my plan is to eventually get new covers, foam, and a matching back cover from Legendary and convert (nice pun there) to buckets.

-
Back