64 Dart frame rail compatability

-

64 Dart 270

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've seen some threads on this topic, but thought I would ask the specific question to the mopar a body gods. I have a 64 Dart 270 /6 convertible that has rusted out front frame rails. The bottom of the rails are rusted off from the front cross member to just before the k frame. Cross member and rest of the chassis are good. Car is still straight and I'm just going to be real careful with any jacking/etc. Based on what I have read, I'm thinking that donor full front frame rails is the way to go instead of a safe-t-cap approach (although I know there are differing opinions on that). I've had some initial discussions with a guy that has a 65 270 4-door with good donor rails, but want to ensure they are compatible.
In any case, my question is: for my particular car what year/model rails are compatible?
For example any a body 63-67????

Exact match would be 63-66 but up till 72 could work. I agree if the rails are that back change them instead of using a cap.

Rails arn't that bad to change with a little patience and the proper tools. I'm guessing you will be shocked at just how few spot welds hold these cars together. :D

-
Back