64 Dart Front Clip Swap Onto 64 Barracuda?

-

nerd racing

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the 63 and 64 darts, but I like the fast back roof of the Barracuda. The front clip on my 64 Barracuda is rough from a couple of accidents it looks like.

It sounds like an abomination, but has anyone swapped the front clip from an early dart onto an early barracuda? It would be like having a fast back dart.

If so does anyone have pictures floating around. I tried a quick search but nothing popped up.

Here is couple. Guy down the road from me has a barracuda with a 63 valiant front end. I always wanted to put a 65 dart nose on my barracuda. The 66dart nose on a barracuda is a good looking combo, probably the most common.

Attachments

• vegas-dacuda.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 928
  • 00q0q_eUEXwXXQdvK_600x450.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 686
Thanks for the pictures! I am torn between the 64 and the 65 frond end now. I like the bumper and turn signals on the 64 better but the grill on the 65 and the headlight trim is nicer.

I agree us the 64 bumper, valence, marker lights with the 65 nose and grill.

That sounds like a great combo. Now I have to save up for fenders and a hood. I wanted to swap the fenders on the Barracuda anyway, why not change them with something that will make it a little more unique.

Ironic, I really wanna put a one piece fiberglass flip forward '64-'65 Cuda front clip on my '64 Dart 2dr post gasser I'm building!

Go for the gusto, as an a body is an a body! The early ones are basically all the same car body style wise with some slight differences. So if you can swap this part with that clip, why not! Dart-Cuda, Cuda-Dart its all art-Cuda! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff!! I want to see pictures of the final product..please.

65Cudalover

-
Back