64 Dart GT manual conversion

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
last night I finished my pushbutton to 3-speed manual swap and took her out to the car show today!!! I don't know what people will think of me but I sure did do a nice job switching it over, even if I do say so myself! I guess you could say that I am proud of my work, but I don't even call it WORK. That is something that you have to do, and I had a blast doing this.

I am currently working on some pics. I wish that I took pics while I was doing the work, but I guess that I got caught up in the work so much that they just got forgotten. It was a lot more than I thought originally, and there were so many things that I had to do, that never occurred to me until I had everything out of the car. I should have checked the date on my motor, but i did'nt and I found out the hard way that mother mopar changed some of the dimensions on the crankshaft, and my new flywheel would not fit! That was just one of a bunch of things that I had to overcome in this project. Would I do it again? H#LL YEAH I WOULD!!!! And I probably will, or maybe next I will take out the slant 6 and throw in a 340 and a 4-speed!

-
Back