64' Dart GT Rocker Panel trim clips

-

realpank

Reaction score
I am stripping/sanding my 64' Dart GT and having a hard time removing the retainer clips that hold on the stainless trim on rocker panels(below the doors).

These clips are 1/2" square and have a retention pin in the centre that gets pushed in to lock them in place. Problem is once pin is pushed in(to un-lock) they fall into the rocker panel and cannot be retrieved.

Is there a better method of removing them so the whole clip can be saved? If not is there a source to buy these new?

Same with the small clips that hold the trim along the tops of the door edge. Have been able to salvage many of these, due to rear access, but some were rotten.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

I am stripping/sanding my 64' Dart GT and having a hard time removing the retainer clips that hold on the stainless trim on rocker panels(below the doors).

These clips are 1/2" square and have a retention pin in the centre that gets pushed in to lock them in place. Problem is once pin is pushed in(to un-lock) they fall into the rocker panel and cannot be retrieved.

Is there a better method of removing them so the whole clip can be saved? If not is there a source to buy these new?

Same with the small clips that hold the trim along the tops of the door edge. Have been able to salvage many of these, due to rear access, but some were rotten.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris
Chris,
Were you able to find the trim clips you mentioned in this thread? I am hunting for the very same ones. Thanks in advance.

TS

Chris,
Were you able to find the trim clips you mentioned in this thread? I am hunting for the very same ones. Thanks in advance.

TS
TS
I ended up taking a small drill bit and drilled a hole in the centre of the pin that holds it in.
Then I used a screw and turned it in a bit and pulled the pin out.
I can only assume that you have no clips. I was able to save most of them wham o thought I was going to have to destroy them to clean the rocker.
I'm sure it does'nt but hope this helps

So after many, many hours of combing Google results and many of the threads in this forum. I think I found a work around. I don't want to give details until I know it has worked. We will know next week. Until then....

So after many, many hours of combing Google results and many of the threads in this forum. I think I found a work around. I don't want to give details until I know it has worked. We will know next week. Until then....
sadly, it did not work.We are trying something else. I will keep you updated.

TS

-
Back