64 dodge dart question

-

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
My car is classified as a 64 Dodge Dart 270 2 door sedan. What does this mean and does anyone know the difference between the different classifications, or can someone provide a link to a site that has this info on it.

This'll give ya a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dart

I'm a certifiable '64 Dart nut, but couldn't find the model designations printed in the time I spent looking.
What I know is that the 170 model was the "base" model, the "270" and "GT" models were upgrades, offering different trim and other options.
I'd bet that someone out there has listed the differences, but the only such breakout I know of is the original sales brochure.
I have one, but can't seem to lay hands on it just now. It's available for sale on ebay, but what isn't.

That link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Dodge-Dart-Sales-Brochure-/370656149464

google search for "1964 Dodge Dart" will start ya down the trail I followed for a while. You're welcome to dig deeper.

ATB

BC

The dart 170 was the low line model, came in two door post, wagon, and four door sedan. The 270 was the midline and came in convertible, two door post, wagon, and four door sedan. And the dart gt was the most fancy, came in convertible and two door hard top only. The engines available were the 170 and 225 slant six, and the 273 two barrel v8.

By combining information from wikipedia, allpar, and a couple other sites I was able to find out what I was curious about. Thank you to everyone for the help.

any one know where i can get a 1964 dodge dart coolant recovery tank no matter how expensive car is original and in good condition just need couple original parts like the tail light lenses and cortesy light lenses that would be awesome thanks guys

You might find some additional info here too. http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-3.shtml

The 270 models were also available in a hardtop. tmm

Check out this commercial for the 64 Dart. It will get you pumped for sure.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9eEuarqKr8"]1964 Dodge Dart Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

toolmanmike

enjoy

Attachments

• 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0010.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 543
  • 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0011.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 474
  • 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0012.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0013.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 459
  • 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0014.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 64_Dodge_Styling_Models0015.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 459
any one know where i can get a 1964 dodge dart coolant recovery tank no matter how expensive

A 64 Dart never came with a coolant recovery tank. You might be able to add an aftermarket tank or maybe one from a mid-70s A Body. FYI coolant recovery tanks didn't make their appearance on A Bodies until sometime around 73 or so. Someone more knowledgeable than I about later A Bodies will know when they first appeared.

Thanks bro How about parts like tail light lenses for a 64 dart and cortesy lenses as well does anyone know where i can get my hands on some of them

Courtesy light lenses are readily sourced (ebay, etc.) Tail light lenses...if you find some, let us know, as there are others of us looking for them too. :)

any one know where i can get a 1964 dodge dart coolant recovery tank no matter how expensive car is original and in good condition just need couple original parts like the tail light lenses and cortesy light lenses that would be awesome thanks guys

I'm getting a 63 Dart 270 4 Door in at the end of the month. I'm only taking a few parts to finish mine out so I'll contact you and see what all you need and we will come to a reasonable price for parts and shipping.

They came with a 2 speed wiper motor and a plastic bag on the left hand fender well. I know because I have one.

This is kind of a dumb question but does the factory location make much of a rarity factor on the 64 darts?

tail lights are different from 63 to 64 they are interchangeable but they are different.

okay everyone as far as the 64 dart tail lights www.laysons.com has some being made right now for me their phone number is 1-877-930-4088 dial ext 102 for rick and tell him jake sent you also if anyone is needing the c-piller dome lights for a gt golden anniversary edition which are very different and more unique and way harder to find i am trying to get him to make those for me as well so if there were more orders like mine im sure he can start making them as well so spread the word please thanks guys, and gals, if any thats hot hahaha

1964 dodge darts did not use a coolant recovery tank you will have to make one work off a different model.

I think all 1964's were Golden Anniversary Editions, weren't they?

dude i need to call for those tail lights i am about to change over to 66 lights just to find tail lights but mine is a 64 4 door 270 golden anniversary it came with a 170 /6 painted red from the factory i was told this is an odd combination since it was a 270 they mostly came with a 225 /6 plus i found a paint chart for 64 and never could find my factory color if someone has a copy id like to see it

What makes a Golden edition different from the GT?

Just a lot of different trim as in the dome lights are very different and very hard to find oh and by the way if anyone knows where to get rem ones please let me know or knows some one that will remanufacture them because i have a set but need to make new ones thanks everyone

QUOTE=64dart440;1970080404]dude i need to call for those tail lights i am about to change over to 66 lights just to find tail lights but mine is a 64 4 door 270 golden anniversary it came with a 170 /6 painted red from the factory i was told this is an odd combination since it was a 270 they mostly came with a 225 /6 plus i found a paint chart for 64 and never could find my factory color if someone has a copy id like to see it[/QUOTE]

Dude he almost has mine done too im stoked to see them

-
Back