64 Valiant Convertible

-

64 ValiCuda

Reaction score
I,ve been working on this for 3 years so I'll post some picts. I,m close to doing some body work and more work on the gauges and radio. so far I pulled out the interior and took off the old top. Pulled the original 225 and cable auto tranny. Rebuilt all the brakes, got some alum. mags and put the center caps from the hubcaps onto the mags (brilliant I thought) Valiant center caps. Cut out the floors and had new pans made up, put in new carpets. Pulled out the heater and 25 years of mice droppings. It was parked outside on the dirt for 25 years. Oh yah. Black berry bushes up in the wheel wells. I replaced the front bumper, hood and grille. I found and rebuilt a 273 commando (it came complete with everything, carb, air cleaner, valve covers , dual pt dist., and a v8 cable tranny. Running gear is all in. I put the new top on last winter. Yes, I did it myself. :blob::burnout:

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 100_0245.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_0247.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Valiant_Evie.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 291
I need to replace the front passenger fender and I found one. I also need to repair the rear drivers quater panel behind and around the wheel well. I found a 4 door qtr panel which has what I need but wanted to see if any one had done a partial panel repair and had some hints on it. I thought I would make the joint under the chrome spear and ahead to go around the wheel opening. Any input on that would be appreciated.8-)

A few picts of when I first got the Valiant in 2009

Attachments

• 1stpicVal.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 194
  • almostout.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 212
  • carpet.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 216
  • insideback.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 208
  • insidefrnt.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 205