'64 Valiant door locks

-

sshomer

Reaction score
I've seen reproduction door / trunk locks for '66 Valiants and up, but have yet to find any for my '64. Any ideas as to what the difference is? The only locks I've been able to find listed for a '64 are $300 NOS. A bit pricey for me. Any suggestions for another source?

They're totally different. Even the hole in the door is a different shape. The '66 and newer locks have removable links on the back so you can swap them from side to side whereas the '65 and older don't and are RH or LH only parts. If the link on the back breaks off,(the usual problem) there is no way to fix it. I've seen door that have been converted but it would be a bit of work to get the hole right and the linkage might a real trial and error exersize. I don't know anyone who is making a reproduction part yet so used is probably your only option.
Thanks, Mark

How about these?? They came from a 63 Valiant convertible I parted out a couple years ago. There are no keys, but hey for $20.00+shipping you can have them. They come with the rods and clips and both the door locks have the actuator arm intact. let me know if you'd like them, Geof

100_1772.jpg

100_1773.jpg

-
Back