'64 Valiant windshield price

-

BobW

Curmudgeon At Large
Reaction score
I'm in the process of painting and see a bit of rust under the trim at the edge of the gasket.
The gasket itself is very hard and has cracking in multiple places. The windshield is delaminating around the base & sides, as well as having some scratches.
looks like windshields are ~$250-270, with shipping ~$170, and the the gasket are ~$100.
Doesn't look like anything I can't do my self. Are there any better prices out there?
I got a quote from a local independent company for $587. Kind of a no brainer if I can't save a significant amount on the purchase.

I'm in the process of painting and see a bit of rust under the trim at the edge of the gasket.
The gasket itself is very hard and has cracking in multiple places. The windshield is delaminating around the base & sides, as well as having some scratches.
looks like windshields are ~$250-270, with shipping ~$170, and the the gasket are ~$100.
Doesn't look like anything I can't do my self. Are there any better prices out there?
I got a quote from a local independent company for $587. Kind of a no brainer if I can't save a significant amount on the purchase.
Exactly where in FL are you? i may have someone to help. As to R&R, fairly simple. Probably should have a helper.

Exactly where in FL are you? i may have someone to help. As to R&R, fairly simple. Probably should have a helper.
I'm in Astatula, about 30 miles NW of Orlando.
Could use help with the price.
For R&R, I used to build van conversions and install auto accessories. Done many a pick-up sliding rear window, rubber gaskets & glue in. I have the labor to assist me.
Thanks!

I bought that windshield for a '66 Barracuda last year. Went to National glass company in Tucson, not a specialty auto glass company. Anyway windshield was in stock at local warehouse and cost $179. Also bought a spare for my '85 D150 and it was also in stock and cost $99. In both cases I was thrilled with the prices. They did tell me that if it had not been in a local warehouse the shipping would have been close to $200 each. Maybe you can find a glass shop thats willing to order for you?

I bought that windshield for a '66 Barracuda last year. Went to National glass company in Tucson, not a specialty auto glass company. Anyway windshield was in stock at local warehouse and cost $179. Also bought a spare for my '85 D150 and it was also in stock and cost $99. In both cases I was thrilled with the prices. They did tell me that if it had not been in a local warehouse the shipping would have been close to $200 each. Maybe you can find a glass shop thats willing to order for you?
Good plan, I'll start calling around Orlando, Daytona and Tampa. All reasonable drives! Thanks

I got mine at Glass Wholesalers of Macon for 130 bucks. Kitty and I put it in in 15 minutes.

I'm in Astatula, about 30 miles NW of Orlando.
Could use help with the price.
For R&R, I used to build van conversions and install auto accessories. Done many a pick-up sliding rear window, rubber gaskets & glue in. I have the labor to assist me.
Thanks!
I'll call the guy tomorrow to see where he's at. He has homes in OH and Daytona and an auto glass shop in OH, I worked there years ago.

-
Back