64'Valiant project.

-

ImperialCruiser

Reaction score
Trying to get the hang of loading pics. I got this car off EBAY, the slant ran but had piston coming apart. I had the 225 engine rebuilt stock, then added Clifford shorty headers, the Offy 2-1 bbl intake and fabricated the air filter. I replaced the auto with a 4-speed and had the exhaust redone, and now it's in for paint. I'm going with a 2-tone, blue over silver. The interior remains black.

Attachments

• more Valiant pics 032.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 956
My painter suggested I follow the body line to create a "scallop" with the blue paint and to keep the flow going across the front of the hood. This way it eliminates a straight line across the front of the fender, should look kind of custom. The blue will be a bit darker, with the lower sections done in a silver of the same level of shine.

Attachments

• Valiant pre-paint 008.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 850
Here's some pics of the exhaust done by Scott's in Beaumont, Ca. It' flanged so the double piece can come out if I need to pull the trans. I like it, sounds good too.

Attachments

• Valiant 4-spd exhaust.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 826
  • Valiant 4-spd exhaust ,Jeep springs 008.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 823
of the blue "test" paint. Finished color will be a bit darker. 2nd pic shows the outline of the "scallop" idea to bring the blue from the front of the hood across the fender.

Attachments

• Valiant pre-paint 004.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 818
  • Valiant pre-paint 003.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 820
  • Valiant pre-paint 006.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 830
Cool,more Early-A,s.Waiting to see the finished product,as I,m going to do paint on my 66 Dart this winter.

My painter claims the paint will be done by next weekend, I'm somewhat skeptical, we'll see. This guy works out of small garage up the road from me but turns out some good work and reasonable prices. I need to get to work buffing out the chrome work and ordering weatherstripping pieces.

Looks like the real paint goes on tomorrow, Blue over silver. I'm getting antsy. New door handles, hood insulation and carpet arrived today, window "cat whiskers" and door seals ordered. OO-Rah!

Attachments

• More Valiant paint pics 018.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 750
  • More Valiant paint pics 011.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 755
  • More Valiant paint pics 005.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 752
just out of curiosity, what did ya do to put the Barracuda grill in place? I've always had my 65 barracuda grill for my 64 Signet but never put it in cause it seemed like it needed something

I had to switch out the lower valance, but it bolted right in place. (seems like the '64 valance would have worked if you removed the turn signals) I had to drill an opening for the right side turn signal wiring, but it too connected easily to the factory wiring. I made up an "ell" bracket for each side of the grille at the top and used speed clips and screws, but the grille itself needed nothing. It was actually quite easy.

Can't really see how bright the blue is while the car is inside. He got the silver on later in the day, more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• Valiant paint blue 005.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 710
  • Valiant paint blue 003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 698
Still needs a return trip to the paint booth to color sand and buff, but I got it back for a week or so. I like it already, all the chrome should set it off nice.

Attachments

• Valiant paint 4 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 666
  • Valiant paint 4 014.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 663
WOW!!!! That was SO very much worth waiting for! She's gonna be a beaut!

-
Back