65,000 Original Miles Duster

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
One of my neighbour's grandchildren (kid , probably in his mid-20's) recently inherited a 1973 Duster with a 225 six (VL29C3B) .
It has 65,000 miles , all put on by his great grandmother .

It is darned close to being 100% perfect !

Its options are :
- Disc Brakes (non-boosted)
- 904 , column shift
- AM Radio
- Power Steering
- A88 Deluxe Interior Trim
- Deluxe 14" Wheel Covers

It's that typical tan-on-tan colourscheme ; its paint is in excellent condition ; there are a few scuffs and chips here and there , plus a couple of dents (easily fixed )
All of the semi-flat black paint which was used around the tail lights' bezel perimetre is 100% intact !

The chrome is excellent , especially for a 40 year car ; and the stainless trim isn't all scuffed and scratched .

I about fell-over when I saw that it has its original-issue blue & gold Ca plates ( _ _ _ FWV , with the "F" indicating late 1972 issue ) .

I'm pleased as pie that this kid knows what he has , its value (beyond its sentimental value) , and its historical importance (as a largely original survivor) .
I breathed a sigh-of-relief after talking to the kid (out in the cold and rain on Saturday night ) .

What's even more amazing is the complete lack of rust , considering its origins : Long Beach (Ca.) !!
It must have always been garaged !! Not so much as a single paint blister !!

Next time I see the kid I'm going to give him the info for this site , as I want for him to post some pics of it :happy1: .

Good to hear it's likely not headed for bastardazation. Get him on FABO, I want to see this car!

-
Back