-
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkybub

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all - I'm new here and have a 1965 273 rebuild close to done by a friend. It had a 2 barrel carb and we've put a stock 4 barrel w/stock iron manifold on this engine.

I'm looking for an air filter cannister that will fit the Carter carb and sit low enough so I can close the hood when I drive... :)

I'm going to the parts store now to see if there's something aftermarket that will work. My friend has a selection of parts that should work for the carb linkage and choke but if anyone has a stock setup instead, I'm interested in getting that too.

This is a convertible and will be a daily driver sort of car. I'd like to keep it pretty stock as much as is practical. That said - if anyone out there has an Edelbrock D4B manifold.... please contact me! I know it's a long shot, and my first target is just getting this old girl on the road but eventually I'd love find one.

Thanks for any help, advice, warnings. I'm a Valiant/Dart fan ever since my first car - a 1962 Valiant 170 slant 6 3-on-the-tree.

Eric

It will be difficult to find an original 4-bbl. air cleaner for a Commando 273. The last one I saw for sale was listed at about $130 plus shipping. You can buy an adopter to fit a standard 5-1/8" air cleaner to a 4-7/32" carb throat that is the original carb. throat size for about $10 on e-bay. This is a molded plastic adaptor, aluminum versions cost about $20.

I have a black unsilenced for original AFB for 120.00 plus shipping. Let me know. MT. And Ill throw in a new never ran K and N air filter for free. Edit 100.00 if you need it. Thanks.
:burnout::burnout:

the Commando 273 cleaner is an original chrome piece, they go for around $150-200 on feebay. they aren't cheap anywhere less the cleaner is pretty rough.

yep the mopar unsilenced deal will be cheaper but not original,

Sometimes the original chrome 273 air cleaners pop up on here but are bought up quickly. I just bought a summit brand one for cheap looks pretty good with a K&N filter. Dustin

I can get it chromed if you need perfect part. More money tho, of course. MT

I've got a 65 Commando air cleaner lid that someone has punched holes in around the perimeter. I do not have a spare base though.

Thanks for the replies and offer for the unsilenced Mopar housing.

I'm going to go with the aftermarket housing I found today along with the adapter mentioned above I think. Once it's on the road and reliable I'll pick up the original stuff as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back