65 273 dart

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ready for exhaust. if I remember right, this ( commando version), had the resonator with the square tip, NO muffler???? not on my plate to buy the repop correct resonator for it.

has anyone bought a simple single tube resonator and fabed the square tip?? were the tips stainless on all of them??? or is there a resonator off a brand x or y car that will work?????? thanks for any info..

They had an oval case muffler in the normal location, but it was straight through rather than reverse flow. The resonator was also a straight through but round. Basically a tractor muffler with a rectangular sheet metal tip attached. Most were polished stainless, but some were black.

If you don't insist that it be 100% correct looking I think a rectangular tip could easily be fabricated out of stainless sheet and attached to a garden variety glasspack.

They had an oval case muffler in the normal location, but it was straight through rather than reverse flow. The resonator was also a straight through but round. Basically a tractor muffler with a rectangular sheet metal tip attached. Most were polished stainless, but some were black.

If you don't insist that it be 100% correct looking I think a rectangular tip could easily be fabricated out of stainless sheet and attached to a garden variety glasspack.

that's was I was thinking.. a round tractor muff with the square stainless tip.

as a side note, wayyyy back in the early 90's, I stumbled on a guy that had a huge barn full of replacement mufflers, hemi s, and a stash of these 273 resonators. I bought them all, resold them, but didn't keep any. they were not repoped back then.

-
Back