-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Miller

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have completely rebuilt the original 2 bbl. to exact 4bbl commando specs and was ready to move on to resto-attack the body/paint/interior and was going to have my vented perfect shape black vented cap sent to be chromed and it disappeared three days ago. I'm furious, I've looked around my shop to the point of insanity. I must have left it laying in the engine compartment when I test drove it with the old cap (I didn't have the hose to the air cleaner) and it's just plain gone. Crying doesn't help. Six months of finding every perfect resto powertrain piece and it runs like a dream. But today I feel like I lost my dog. I need either the correct chrome or painted cap if anyone can save me. Thanks, Frank. (650) 575-7452.

Ouch! That hurts. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so expensive. Ma Mopar decided to use the same cap on the Hemi so they are "Hemi priced" toolman

I'm pretty sure these are the same on many early slant sixes. I may have one. I'll look in the garage tonight and let you know.

My god, is this what you need? If so, the one on my 63 Valiant is exactly like that one. I have a 273 Commando and it's similar, but it's chrome and the fitting is curved and not made of brass. I also have a 64 170 slant and it matches the one on the 273, but it's not chrome. They all have PCV's in them.

This is from my 69 273, Pm me if this is the correct part.

hslwd2.jpg

1zbqfsm.jpg

The factory HP caps were chrome and had "oil" stamped in twice. Mike

Attachments

• engine 269.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 96
Good hunting. The one with the tube on it was Calif. Immisions only. No tube works but then you probably have the air cleaner with the tube port too.
If you hadn't took that breather cap apart and replaced the element inside, you might consider doing that to the next one.

sir i just bought a commando set of valve covers and i believe it has an original chrome cap i'll check my storage a little later and get back to u.......superdart340

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back