65-66 Early-A,s popping out everywhere!!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Holy Moly!!The 65-66 Early A-bodies are popping out everywhere!Some of the latest ones,seem to be in very good condition,and priced reasonably low.I picked mine up 6 months ago(66 Dart)and love this little car.I,m just really amazed that they,re making a big comeback!So to all new Early-A owners..Welcome and enjoy your new rides!!

You noticed that too.. I think when I first joined this great site i had the only 66 Dart on here, now I have lost count on how many are here now...

With the prices on B and E bodies A's are the next choice......which we all knew all along......so I feel vindicated for picking my two 64's.....so many years ago..

They also sold quite well when they were new, and were built much better than the plastic laden 73-up cars.

Hey, it's just the beginning! They will rule the world of Chrysler. There is more then B and E body, but it takes time to find out about it!!!

it sucks becaus eth emore popular they get the higher the price will go. i liked the days when everyone left out a-bodies alone.

The more popular they become, the more people will buy them, the more the aftermarket will support them......

We are bringing a 66 4 door 270 home tomorrow and we saw a 66 wagon driving around when we left the guys house.

The more popular they become, the more people will buy them, the more the aftermarket will support them......

once they start making more parts for them the price goes up that much more. its never ending. wish people would just leave out a-bodies alone.

It's fun to own something a bit unusual. toolmanmike

I,m just glad that I have mine already before the prices skyrocket!Remember,there was a 66Dart GT sold on B.J for $12,000!So now they,ll be worth $120,000 mint!LOL!

once they start making more parts for them the price goes up that much more. its never ending. wish people would just leave our a-bodies alone.

No joke. I got into mopars when everything but e-bodys were "grandma cars" and even then people would take a Camaro over a Challenger. I'd rather go back to the days of being made fun of for being into mopars than the way it is now.

The A's, especially the early A's were safe for a while, but they, along with F-bodies have finally started to garner attention because they're the only really affordable mopars left. Granted, it's deserved attention, but I don't want it. They've always been great cars IMO, one of the best kept mopar secrets.

Back when I used to drive the '64 every day it was funny how many people would stop me to look at the car and say how their parents, grandparents, or whoever had one. What was the best part was how many of them remembered how the old push button trans. worked! at first I bought mine just for cheap transportation but then the style grew on me. now I wouldn't dream of selling it.

No joke. I got into mopars when everything but e-bodys were "grandma cars" and even then people would take a Camaro over a Challenger. I'd rather go back to the days of being made fun of for being into mopars than the way it is now.

The A's, especially the early A's were safe for a while, but they, along with F-bodies have finally started to garner attention because they're the only really affordable mopars left. Granted, it's deserved attention, but I don't want it. They've always been great cars IMO, one of the best kept mopar secrets.

and how about the days before the b&e body guys knew the a-body disc brake stuff fit their car. man that was nice. could find that stuff anywhere for $50 because no one wanted the stuff. after the b&e body guys found out it worked on their cars everything was gone in the local yards and it tripled in price. the hobby was a ton more fun years ago before mopar became the "in" thing and got the attention of all the big $$$$ guys.

it sucks becaus eth emore popular they get the higher the price will go. i liked the days when everyone left out a-bodies alone.

Man, seven-eight months ago I couldn't GIVE my '65 Valiant away. I took a beating on that car, took almost a year to sell it too. Now all of a sudden they're POPULAR?

Harumph! :angry7:

Seems like more people appreciate the early-a's, but I don't think the prices are going to skyrocket except maybe cars in pristine condition. I believe driver-quality a-bodies will stay affordable...so we can enjoy driving them.

Seems like many people think our cars are a little too funky. Fine with me, let them keep their boring 'pony' cars you see everywhere.

Not that I go to alot of car shows but the few I've been to locally have few to no early A's. I've never seen another early cuda in real life near me. I'm dying to see what a nice looking one looks like. I went to a show today in Glen Cove with maybe two hundred cars but only like 3 early mopars at all. As rare as this thing seems to be it doesn't seem to be worth much. Go figure.

Rumor has it there's a yellow 65 cuda around where I live but i think its more like the loch ness monster, a few sightings but no proof.

Man, seven-eight months ago I couldn't GIVE my '65 Valiant away. I took a beating on that car, took almost a year to sell it too. Now all of a sudden they're POPULAR?

Harumph! :angry7:
I almost bought your car!Found mine cheaper,but the swapping thing sucked me dry$$$.I should have bought yours!

These forums are a great place for us to congregate so our numbers look good. I was in a local car show today and out of 330 cars there were only 7 or 8 Mopars and I was the only early A. There were 4 of us in the 1959-70 stock Mopar class. I'm glad they gave trophies to 4th place so I got a nice trophy and met a lot of nice folks. It's funny all the "kick myself in the *** for ever selling that car" stories I heard today. LOL toolman

Love my car, love it more with a stroker between the fenders though........next summer maybe. Just about have all the pieces for my brake/rear end swap. I figure Ill build the car for the motor I want. Interior gets redone this weekend. Just driving it as much as I can right now little mild 273 w/ 4spd is fun.

65 Vart 007.jpg

-
Back