65 904 parts hunt

-

dentdelete

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy performance stall converters for my 1965 904? All the suppliers that I have checked have them for 66 and up. Or is it better/easier to change to a later model 904 casing and get rid of my duel cable shifter? Any help would be great.

there is a trany guy on this site if i remember correctly,,,,but i cant remember his name,,,,i would ask around if any one has just changed the front of the tranny to do that conversion,,,,so maybe you can keep the cable shifter,,,,sorry i dont have more in fo some one willl im sure,,happy new year

I ran into the same think with my 67 904. I didn't find anyone that sells a new high stall converter for 67 and earlier trans, but there are a few companies that will cut apart you stock converter and make it a higher stall. I have never done this so I don't know if it work's well or not, maybe someone else here knows.
I ended up replacing the input shaft to a later 904 to get a new converter to work.
the input spline was changed in 68, so 67 and earlier are the same, and 68 and later are the same.

IIRC Midwest Converter can make you whatever you need for 67-down transmissions. Don't have an address for them.

Scrolling thru old threads.....Dentdelete, did you ever come up with a source for your torque converter? I'm considering an upgrade for my '64.

-
Back