65 Barracuda - Advice on where to get stuff - door trims, carpet etc

-

Blue62Val

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of importing a 65 Barracuda.
Because they don't sell ANY stuff here in Australia, I'm planning on getting some items and having them shipped over at the same time.

I was hoping I could get some advice on best places to get stuff ?
I'm thinking First Place Auto for door trims, seat covers front / rear
Stock Interiors for carpet (cabin and cargo)
Classic Industries for a resonator, gearshift rubber boot, and other odds and sods
Phoenix graphics for a stripe kit

I usually buy stuff mechanical from Rock Auto.....but they're a bit dry on some bits.

Any suggestions / recommendations ?

Thanks,

Peter
Sydney, Australia

Postage will be insane if I don't get it now.

There are members from Europe and your neck of the woods who make arrangements with a shipper? They rent a sea container and when they buy stuff have it sent to the shipper who puts it in a container. When the container is full or has enough the shipper sends the container to the member.

As for seat covers door cards etc. legendary auto interiors has become the industry go to, BUT, others sell their stuff as well.

I'm thinking for what the sell for plus import fees and shipping, you might be able to have an upholsterer in your neck of the world copy your existing seat covers etc and it might be cheaper or at least a wash.

There are members from Europe and your neck of the woods who make arrangements with a shipper? They rent a sea container and when they buy stuff have it sent to the shipper who puts it in a container. When the container is full or has enough the shipper sends the container to the member.

As for seat covers door cards etc. legendary auto interiors has become the industry go to, BUT, others sell their stuff as well.

I'm thinking for what the sell for plus import fees and shipping, you might be able to have an upholsterer in your neck of the world copy your existing seat covers etc and it might be cheaper or at least a wash.
Thanks for the reply......I've thought of getting trim done here, but the fact is they wouldn't be able to make the patterns here or have the right grains of vinyl either. Even carpet can't be moulded here.....just sewn in, and I much prefer moulded if I can.

I may not have enough time to get seat covers even made, and sent to the car for shipping - I was just thinking I may as well get stuff I know I'm going to need. It actually shouldn't cost me that much when it's left with the car before it leaves the U.S....so long as you don't go mad and completely fill the car with stuff. I've just finished reading various reviews on legendary items as opposed to say PUI. Legendary does have a great reputation.

But LAI will take 6-12 months

I did not realize you had a car here. You could buy / rent a container and put the car in it with stuff.

Watch that any fabrics are protected from humidity while in transit.

How much is the same as an AP6?

Try Legendary interiors, Layson's, Accurate Exhaust, Dante's, and ACC carpets. Also, there are no decal graphics on those cars. Stripes were painted on.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that you couldn't find some, or that they're not available, just that they aren't what the factory did. I've seen pin striping kits at the local auto parts store. It's a decision that the car owner needs to make I guess.

1965 Plymouth Barracuda 6 White Vinyl Racing Stripe Kit 65 3M Decals 1990's | eBay The stripes are available now if you would rather not paint. This is a double set with the good 3M backer. It's old and maybe risky if white is your plan maybe worth it if you don't want to paint. There are a host of other vendors selling the decals but as cudamark stated they were originally all paint.
I think I’ll try Phoenix for the stripes. I used them before on a 71 Superbee I had…..pretty good.

Try Legendary interiors, Layson's, Accurate Exhaust, Dante's, and ACC carpets. Also, there are no decal graphics on those cars. Stripes were painted on.
Is it just me, or is Laysons website an absolute pain in the backside to search for stuff ?

The inner fenders area is also moulded
Is it worth buy8ng the rear cargo area carpet, or is it simple enough to make from any carpet supplier ? I need the mould3d for the cabin, but the rear area just look like flat sections.

-
Back