65 Barracuda Brake Bleeding Issues

-

JeffreyLee

1965 Barracuda
Reaction score
Hi Guys, my 2.5 year project is almost finished...Once I get brakes to work, I can drive it down the road. Like everything else, it's a struggle. I left the original drum brakes on the car. New wheel cylinders, diverter on top of the rear axle and new hard brake lines. The rubber lines to the back of the drums looked good, so I kept them. In the front I have a new, dual pot master cylinder, proportioning valve and hard brake lines to the front wheels. I kept the hard line from the prop valve to the rear in place....Picked up a vacum pump and started on the right rear...pump pump to 20psi, opened the bleeder valve, got fluid but it never was a steady stream. All 4 corners acted the same. With the bleeder valve closed, I pumped up the vacuum and watched the pressure gauge gradually drop to 0. Shouldn't those hold pressure in the closed condition? Where do I start to diagnose this stuff? BTW, bench bled the MC early on and I have been careful to keep it topped off with fluid since...

My vac pump did the same thing put it up and borrowed the neighbors foot got them bled in no time

-
Back