'65 Barracuda Dome Light Harness Question

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I seem to have an extra "male" two wire plug on my (butchered) dome light harness (or are they called courtesy lights behind the side windows?). The plug in question is located at position "C" in the foto below.

I am assuming I have placed the cut pieces back together in the correct orientation. Do not be fooled by the dark shadows near plug "C", there is only one pair of wires there (pink/yellow).

Note:
B and C are male
A and between C and D are female

DSC04502.JPG

If you would rather work with an uncut dome light harness, I have several.

I don’t see why a first gen Barracuda couldn’t have come with a trunk light as long as it could plug into a hot wire.

The configuration in the foto is all wrong, the "extra" male plug at "C" should be over at "D" which is on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Just found my '65 Factory Service Manual. On page 8-103 (Body Wiring for AV-2 vehicles) I see at the right "C" pillar lamp there is a plug for the trunk lamp wiring, so that must be what the "mystery" connection I have been asking about is related to. I don't see a trunk light in my '65 Barracuda, never had one or it's missing. Anyone have a foto of what a trunk light looks like and where it is positioned in the early Barracudas?

-
Back