65 barracuda frontend rebuild Help

-

ProStocker273

MoPar N Jeep
Reaction score
I'm looking to rebuild my frontend in my 65 barracuda. I have a 75 dart bbp disk brake setup. I am try to piece together the parts and it seems to cost way more than a kit. PST can do a kit for my car with brake upgrade but I can't plunk down all the cash at once. Seen a lot of people on here claiming they did it for under $200. How???
If you know the cheapest place for any parts on my list and where to get em list info please or post a link.

Large upper ball joints 75dart disk brake
lower ball joint 75 dart
Inner tie rods 65 barracuda
Outer tie rods 65 barracuda
Upper control arm bushings 75 dart
Lower control arm bushings 65 barracud
Idler arm 65 barracuda
Steering arm 65 barracuda
Strut rod bushings 65 barracuda

ebay

the large pst kits are 220$ and up now it looks like, when i did mine i stayed under 200 but it was 6-7 years ago.

Your lower ball joints should match you spindles. In your case 73+ spidles I would guess, that should save some pretty good money.

Well rockauto.com has a lot for cheap. But the brands range from moog to rebestos and I assume a foreign company mevco. Ill post up prices for moog parts. I cant find link but I read someone used b body tie rods and sleeve on there a body because they were beefier. Anyone familiar with that??

Some people use C-Body tie rods/sleeves because they are 11/16 compared to 9/16 on A&B's. Are your brake parts from a known good car? New rotors and loaded calipers are a smart choice.

I always use the Moog brand. Don't know if they are any better than the others brands these days, but I'm hoping they will last longer since I don't really enjoy front end work.

I planned to use moog parts too. My parts are off a 75 dart and I need new calipers and rotors they are not in good shape.

I have exactly the same combo. I ordered everything from Espo. They set me up with a package that had 63-66 Pittman and idler arms, 73-76 disk ball joints, C-body tie-rods and sleeves, and bushings. I don't recall the price off the top of my head, but it was quite reasonable.

-
Back