'65 Barracuda Interior moldings under rear window

-
I notice the plastic latch cover is gold in the attached picture, was the interior gold from the factory as well?
The 66 interior was white with gold carpet, gold dash pad, gold metal and gold seat belts.

1710537554695.jpeg

The 66 interior was white with gold carpet, gold dash pad, gold metal and gold seat belts.

View attachment 1716221949

Interesting, in '65, they only offered red, blue, black and gold interior colors, but in '66 they added more interior color combinations including white. So in this case, they matched the trunk latch cover to the carpet and dash color.

Interesting, in '65, they only offered red, blue, black and gold interior colors, but in '66 they added more interior color combinations including white. So in this case, they matched the trunk latch cover to the carpet and dash color.
And in 63 they did not offer a black interior. I only found that out several years after I re-did my 63 Valiant convertible interior in black.

There was someone here on FABO within the last year that was working on 3D printing the corner covers.

That would be 66Dvert, Here's a link to a conversation I had with him in 2020. Plastic interior pieces in early Barracudas

I haven't heard anything lately from him. I probably will attempt fixing the rear under window pieces by supergluing the broken parts to a thin piece of styrene .010" or .020", don't know yet, haven't tried it but think it may work. Glue the pieces to a common back, fill, sand, prime, paint. My front window side plastic moldings came out good, but all I did was reinforce the screw holes, not reattach broken pieces. You can see them in the link too.

At least on my '65, you could just leave those corner trim plastic pieces off and never know it. Each side on mine has 2 holes same size as "vent" holes in center. 4 more plastic plugs matching center plugs and you are good to go. I have not yet decided on mine as it is disassembled. I think a corner on one of my trim pieces broke as well.

IMG_20240317_184021.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely don’t need them, mine looks just like that right now.

I’d just like to find the pieces to finish it off

-
Back