65 barracuda lift

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
looking for the best way to get the rear of my 65 barracuda up a little to get 28" 9X5 tires to fit under it without rubbing ? recurve the leafspirings and possibly add 1 more I also need the caltracs bad now , all opinions welcome except shackles or air shocks

Hey Winston, need it higher to get thru the snow? ��. I used air shocks back in the day!

28" 9X5 tires? I am going to guess at what you meant as 9 or 10 inch rims with tall fat tires. Depending on what it hits you can radius the wheel wells, narrow the rear-end and tub or mini-tub the body and or change the rear leafs to something different.

Just remember that springs control the height and shocks control the ride.

I was going to say - I don't think much for 28" tires will fit... You need to modify the wheel tubs and use a deeper wheel.

I'm thinking you will have to move the rear end back about 3/4's of an inch to center the tire in the wheel well, I have 26 tall tires and no problem. The adding a leaf with a rearc is your best bet. A 28 will be a struggle without having the back of the car a mile in the air.

-
Back