-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braunsteina

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have picked up a good running Fastback with need for interior overhaul, I am hoping someone can help me locate Blue Bucket Seats, Carpet and Door Panels. That is my starting point for the beast. I love it and only wish I had the original engine. Car came with 318 CU 4 BBL Edlebrock 650 and original was 273 Commando V8. Any help is greatly apprecaited.
thanks
Al

Lots of good info at www.earlyabodyforum.com

I bought my car missing the origine engine too, but now I realize it's a good thing. I'm not married to a numbers matching car and now I am free to do what I want without worrying about ruining a numbers matching machine, if you know what I mean.

A lot of guys are afraid to drive their car because they'll ruin the value of it, but not me. I have my '65 Barracuda Formula S with a garden variety 318 I got for free and I drive it hard and I don't care if I blow it up! I have a 340 waiting in the wings, and might even for a 360 instead....the possibilities are endless. Good luck!

Welcome to the A-body forum Al. There are aftermarket companies for interior items that you need. Legendary Interiors is probably one of the most respected. You'll probably have to shop around quite a while to find good clean used ones, but you may. As far as the original 273 engine, in 1965, I don't beleive that the numbers on the engine were matched with the body numbers, so if you wanted, you could find a date code correct block for your car, although the 318 has better potential than the 273. Then its good to know that a 340/360 will bolt right in. Post some pics of your Barracuda when you have time. Mike

it wil be very hard to find good blue buckets,,if you find any correct bucket seats,,,with tracks,,from a 64/65 barracuda,,or valiant signat,, buy them,,,and get now material /seat covers..factory correct from

SMSAUTOUPHOLESTY in washington state,,, they make for all the companies,,,year one,,,laysons,,etc,,,, you wil have trouble at laysons,,,so go direct to sms,,they have a web site,, and can make it factory correct or custom,,, good luck in your search,,,

Thanks for the advice, I will run with it. Sounds better anyhow.
I appreciate all the help in such a timely manner.
I will post pics in a few...
Al

I have a set of blue 65 buckets that I may not be using in my 65 Dart wagon project. I first need to fit my 66 Dart buckets to see if my buddy seat will fit (know it won't with the 65 seats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back