65 Barracuda- Rear trunk wall

-

RetroRider65

Reaction score
Hey fellow A Body fans, I just brought home my second 1965 Barracuda, the first one was my college car 30+ years ago. The previous owner butchered the rear trunk wall (that folds down) with a hideous arrangement of speakers and woofers. I have been digging around but cannot find out what the original material for that trunk wall. Was it wood, composite board, or some other materials? Any insights here would be greatly appreciated. Also, special shout out to any fellow Canadians, I am in BC on the south coast and looking for parts! Thanks everyone.

Yup, 5/8" thick plywood with carpet over the top of it on the passenger compartment side. It has a metal strip around the edges held on by flat head phillips screws. They made at least 3 versions from '64-6 and I don't think the changes were made exactly on the model year change. The '64 version was larger. It covered the inner wheel house too. It also had rubber feet that rested on the trunk floor when the panel was lowered. Most '65's were similar but without the wheel house extension, and some had the feet, and some didn't. Also, '65-6 models with the 14 X 5 1/2" wheels had a slot cutout in the panel for the wider wheels. By '66 they didn't use the rubber feet.

Yup, 5/8" thick plywood with carpet over the top of it on the passenger compartment side. It has a metal strip around the edges held on by flat head phillips screws. They made at least 3 versions from '64-6 and I don't think the changes were made exactly on the model year change. The '64 version was larger. It covered the inner wheel house too. It also had rubber feet that rested on the trunk floor when the panel was lowered. Most '65's were similar but without the wheel house extension, and some had the feet, and some didn't. Also, '65-6 models with the 14 X 5 1/2" wheels had a slot cutout in the panel for the wider wheels. By '66 they didn't use the rubber feet.
Thanks Cudamark. I have the feet and the trim pieces. Possibly enough carpet. Now, it's just the ply that is needed.

-
Back