[WANTED] 65 Barracuda rear window glass in So Cal

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
If anybody has a rear glass for a 65 cuda they'd like to part ways with in the Southern CA area I might be interested in scooping that up. My rear glass looks OK but it has some light pitting that blows the window out when the sun hits it just wrong. like it may have been carelessly sandblasted? I'm considering doing something I swore I would never do, which is to have that rear glass removed so I can replace the window gasket, and I might try to put some tint on it once its out. I'd feel a whole lot better about it if I had a spare glass... any local leads on glass or advice on the idea would be appreciated!

check out the early A-body and Barracuda groups on Facebook - seems like everybody has 1 or 2 spares :)

I've got one (OEM, never been in a car) but I'm a ways from you

you shouldn't have any problems, and the gaskets/seals and lock strips are easily available - just make sure you hang onto your corner pieces, good ones are like hen's teeth

check out the early A-body and Barracuda groups on Facebook - seems like everybody has 1 or 2 spares :)

I've got one (OEM, never been in a car) but I'm a ways from you

you shouldn't have any problems, and the gaskets/seals and lock strips are easily available - just make sure you hang onto your corner pieces, good ones are like hen's teeth
Nice. Where did you get yours? I noticed laysons claims to have new rear glass for $850...

Removing is easy. Just pull the lock strip and get under the bubble with your back against the floor and use your knees to push up the glass at the little end. It will start to move. Have a helper with a spudger (heavy plastic spatula) start to work the gasket lip off the glass edge and it will release easier than you think. Installation is about the same: place the glass on the gasket and start folding the lip over the glass and it will pull it right on. Its almost impossible to break it pushing it out. Only a sharp strike on an unsupported edge with a pointed object will break it. I've pulled and placed 2, never had a problem.

I have one down here in San Diego. All the factory back glass for those have the factory tint. Mine will probably have a few scratches here and there......they usually do. Nothing bad however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back