65 Barracuda resonators

-

Blue62Val

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone might know somewhere that has a repro Barracuda resonator IN STOCK. The ones for 65-66 ?

I've tried all the usual places, but they all seem to be out of stock. I'm importing a car and if possible I was hoping to get it to the shipper in the next week or so, because I don't even want to think what the postage might be to Australia.

I've tries Classic, TNT, Year One, Herbs (their email just bounces back), Waldrons (don't look real flash anyway), Accurate (way out of my price range), Laysons.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone might know somewhere that has a repro Barracuda resonator IN STOCK. The ones for 65-66 ?

I've tried all the usual places, but they all seem to be out of stock. I'm importing a car and if possible I was hoping to get it to the shipper in the next week or so, because I don't even want to think what the postage might be to Australia.

I've tries Classic, TNT, Year One, Herbs (their email just bounces back), Waldrons (don't look real flash anyway), Accurate (way out of my price range), Laysons.

Thanks,
Peter
If you don't want to pay for a repop, put a Parts Wanted ad up.

I am keen on the repro ones,but there seems to be 2 types.
One sells for around $200 and the other $400.

I’m not sure what the difference is.
Look close. I imagine the spendy one has a stainless tip. Just guessing.

Surely a stainless tip wouldn't increase the cost THAT much ??

So the tip they use, is polished aluminium ?
The early 65's were black. They changed to stainless. I have never seen one made of aluminum.

I'm having no issues with the email at herbs bouncing back. I do know they drop ship this one, so they couldn't answer me if it has 4.5 inch diameter like stock or 4 inch like the one Waldrons is selling.

Thanks mate,

that's what I'm after, but the past 3 emails I've sent from their website has simply bounced back - it says their mailbox is "quarantined". (??)
I'll have to call them but I think I'm running out of time regarding postage to California.

Right now it's 12pm on friday where I am.....but it's 10pm in Georgia.

When you said "drop ship", did you mean "don't ship"...??

Thanks mate,

that's what I'm after, but the past 3 emails I've sent from their website has simply bounced back - it says their mailbox is "quarantined". (??)
I'll have to call them but I think I'm running out of time regarding postage to California.

Right now it's 12pm on friday where I am.....but it's 10pm in Georgia.

When you said "drop ship", did you mean "don't ship"...??
Try [email protected]

And no, drop ship. In other words they don’t stock the part, it’s being shipped to you by someone else. Worries me a bit, as it could be the one Waldrons is selling $35 cheaper.

Try [email protected]

And no, drop ship. In other words they don’t stock the part, it’s being shipped to you by someone else. Worries me a bit, as it could be the one Waldrons is selling $35 cheaper.
Those ones on the Waldron site don't look right. I think it even says that in their description.
Have a look at the picture they post.....pretty wonky looking tip.

In any case, I may be onto one. Now a mad rush to get it to the shipper before my car leaves.

Those ones on the Waldron site don't look right. I think it even says that in their description.
Have a look at the picture they post.....pretty wonky looking tip.

In any case, I may be onto one. Now a mad rush to get it to the shipper before my car leaves.
Waldron even said their resonators aren't right and are sold "as is". If you don't need perfect that might be the way to go if the price is right.

Funny thing is when emailing Waldrons, here is what their rep said in an email.

"Our resonator for 1965-67 Barracuda’s is spot on with the specifications. We have had several customers order this discounted resonator along with the complete system. We selling it at a discount and do not include it in the complete system because the owner is unhappy with the look of the stainless steel tip."

I pointed out to them that their own website says it's not at spec with OEM. Having said that they worked me up a quote without the eliminator pipe. I think I'm going to take a chance on the resonator sold at Herbs for $225.

-
Back