[WANTED] 65 barracuda trunk hinges

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the old ones? if it's the pin it can be fixed

no there both bent where the the little chrome pieces screw on to the trunk lid. the trunk sits up about 1/4 inch car was rear ended.

What they should look like, I would try and straighten them in a vice or with a hammer and wood block. Pop the pins out.

SAM_4043.JPG

What they should look like, I would try and straighten them in a vice or with a hammer and wood block. Pop the pins out.

View attachment 1716147021
If your car got rear ended the whole rear body maybe high. Unless the deck lid took a real hard hit, those hinges may not be bent. The problem is probably
in the body. Those are pretty stout hinges. Look for kinks in your rear frame rails. The car will probably need to put on a frame rack and have some pulls to
relieve the damage.

this is a new to car trunk lid from a donor car, as well as the rear panel above rear bumper. well i switched hinges side to side and the problem followed one hinge, I checked the part number and there the same and didn't see anything to determine left to right like odd or even serial numbers. one hinge is bent up, right where the cosmetic piece bolts on, the slotted hole area. the other hinge looks like the hinges above, i just need a BFH on a vise and bingo bango there's your mango.

Those hinges are cast iron, they'll break before your able to bend them! 65'

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back