'65 Barracuda wheels...

-

spamalope

Reaction score
So the 14" magnum 500's on my barracuda are kinda chewed up and rusty and the tires are dry rotted, so I'm looking for some wheels. I'm looking to do something a little different and I was looking at a set of the gray centered 15" AR Salt flat specials, or even a set of 15"-16" panasport rims. Anyone have any photos of such a set up, cause I'm never seen it and im like to check it out before I drop any money on rims and tires.

Or hell, any other photos of early barracuda's with an interested wheel set up.

You've probably thought of this or had someone suggest it before but I find it very difficult to better the look from the 60's with a full set of Cragar SS's.

090609 038.jpg

If you have the original 4" bolt circle, your choices are somewhat limited unless you spend $$ for something made custom. A FABO member gave me a great deal on 'Indy' slot mags...I LOVE them and I think 14" looks plenty big enough on these little cars. Good luck!

002.jpg

Opps, yeah the car has the big bolt pattern, so I've got some options. cragars and slots do look good but I think I want something a bit different.

Just watch your back spacing on the rears, too much and you'll hit the leaves, too little and you'll hit the wells.

Just watch your back spacing on the rears, too much and you'll hit the leaves, too little and you'll hit the wells.

They're not some people's cup of tea, but if 17's are an option for you, here are some pics. This combo allowed me to run 245's up front (room for 255's) and 255's out back (room for 275's) without any fender modifications. Granted I am running the Mopar .875" spring relocation kit in the rear, but you could get close without it.

3-ExteriorLeftFront.jpg

7-ExteriorLeftside.jpg

5-ExteriorLeftRear.jpg

If you have any questions let me know.

So the 14" magnum 500's on my barracuda are kinda chewed up and rusty and the tires are dry rotted, so I'm looking for some wheels. I'm looking to do something a little different and I was looking at a set of the gray centered 15" AR Salt flat specials, or even a set of 15"-16" panasport rims. Anyone have any photos of such a set up, cause I'm never seen it and im like to check it out before I drop any money on rims and tires.

Or hell, any other photos of early barracuda's with an interested wheel set up.

How about a set of 14" Cragar SS wheels?
65barracudasideshot.jpg

That mad be hard to find, but a center cone cap and bullet style lug nuts can pull off the same look.

-
Back