-
Status
Not open for further replies.

slantscamp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
well guys. my car is still for sale. someone is supposed to come look at her tomorrow. i will miss her when she is gone. so i took some pictures today of her next to her sis.

abody.jpg

abody2.jpg

Is that a Commando car? Does it have a 273 Commando along with resonator out back?

it was a commando car. but the 273 was gone by the time i got it. now it has a 318 with four speed and dual exhaust.

I noticed the front fender emblems appeared to be the CommandoV8 versions. Is there a rear valance cutout?

hey guys. the reason im selling it is i have no time or more importantly, no money to work on it. i also have a 69 charger rt 440, which has always been my dream car. this was my first car so i hate to part with it, but i would like to see it finished. the rear valance has only one cutout. but i have dual exhaust. i want 3500 for it. but i would take less if someone waived cash in my face and sent me a picture when they fixed her back to her former glory.

There's one just like that for sale here, except it's an auto. How do I tell if it's a comando? VIN #?
Mike

I think commando cars are maybe more rare than a Formula S car.

For 1965, the fender tag would have a "31" under the "AB" for a 273 4-bbl. "30" is 273 2-bbl.

Under the "C" you would find a "2" for Formula S package if so equipped.

If you got the Commando motor, you would also get the resonator outback which means you'd get the rectangular cutout on the left side. Factory cutouts have a lip (see http://www.earlyabodyforum.com/board/messages/394/225.html for details).

You would also get the CommandoV8 fender emblems instead of the the V8 emblems, but that could be changed over the years. The cutout is a really good way to tell.

yeah, mine has a cutout with a lip. not really too many other options origonaly. it didnt have a sway bar. it had drum brakes. just the commando engine and a 4 speed. oh and its been a while but i think it had 13 inch wheels. is that correct for these? or would they have been 14. i know they were tiny.

Still for sale? where are you? other pics? interior? drivers side?

yeah shes still for sale. im in hayward california. i dont really have a good picture of the drivers side or interior right now though.. the back seat looks like it was recovered. or just never sat in. the front seats need to be recovered. but i have new covers from legendary for them already.

Too late, she's all mine !! Nice car, has alot of stuff already done, big sway bar, disc brakes, 8.25 rear, 15" police wheels, springs moved 3" in(no tub yet), and the tranny has been updated to the later model type universal . I already took out the seats and got them over to the ulposterer(sp?), and ordered new carpets and door panels. Also ordered a replacement panel for the rusted out rear quarter. Going to be a fun project. New steeper rearend gears for sure, and bumpers. Damn kid in a candy store, LOL!!!
I searched how to read the fender tag and it is a Commando v8, 4 speed,heat/defrost, car .
I have already spent a bunch of time on this site(you guys rock), look forward to picking the brains here .

Thanks,

Steve

kool some one got it that wil do some thing with it,,,,,keep those early barracudas alive,,,,,,keep us posted

Not to try and steal business from here, but there's lot of good info on early A's at http://www.earlyabodyforum.com

I've only seen a couple of Commando Barracudas (Commando motor without the Formula S option). Do you have a build sheet too? If not, you can probably get one from Chrysler historical (see above website for info on that). I did and it told me what gears my car came with, mirror or not, seat belts or not, etc. etc...

Good luck!
Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back