65 Cuda clutch need advice

-

Barracuda 65

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my '65 Cuda with 273 V8, Original bell housing, and A833 4 speed. I want to install a new clutch kit but not sure about what to get. It has the correct setup now and worked perfect before I pulled it out but I do not want to to go back with a used unit just for safety sakes.
Can anyone advise the best way to go?

I checked with them and they have been out of stock for 3 months and no known date for restocking. Any other thoughts. Can I go with the 10" they show from another supplier?
Nope. The flywheel is designed for a 9 1/2" clutch. Their clutches are 10" with a special scalloped pressure plate. They were designed for slant 6 pick ups and vans. You might be able to find one elsewhere.

Nope. The flywheel is designed for a 9 1/2" clutch. Their clutches are 10" with a special scalloped pressure plate. They were designed for slant 6 pick ups and vans. You might be able to find one elsewhere.
Oh boy....now what do I do? Any other options rot suppliers that might have the correct set up?

Oh boy....now what do I do? Any other options rot suppliers that might have the correct set up?
You could try but probably not. It is a pretty obscure application. Try Rockauto maybe? Look up a mid 60's slant 6 van

Look up Ram Clutches, Transmission depot, Mancini, and Six States. Summit does not have anything?

I'm rebuilding my '65 Cuda with 273 V8, Original bell housing, and A833 4 speed. I want to install a new clutch kit but not sure about what to get. It has the correct setup now and worked perfect before I pulled it out but I do not want to to go back with a used unit just for safety sakes.
Can anyone advise the best way to go?
Which clutch did you ask Brewer about? The Ram or the Conversion clutch? Here's the Ram info. Thanks Brewer Performance and Ram Clutches- A new performance clutch for Early A's

-
Back