65 cuda "S" 273 commando ...new headers installed , open header sound

-

stroker402

1968 dart GTS convertible
Reaction score
I got the new hooker super comp fender well headers installed on the 273 commando. here is a video open headers Cold start . erson cam 286 dur , 510 lift solid. Sounds NICE !
Click on the "sign in"

Sign in - Google Accounts

one more video sound track >Sign in - Google Accounts

yeah, these hooker super comps were easier to install than all under chassis header by tti and dougs etc . but they took some time cutting out the hole in the fender wells. cutting the hole just big enough and not too oversized. other than that, they were a breeze to install . headers are very loud open and with with 2.5 head pipes and flowmaster 40's it's still very loud . dumped before the axle . My neighbors are hateing me for sure. lol I love the sound though .:thumbsup::lol:

Last edited:
You might need to post it on U tube and post the link here. A 286/510 is pretty serious for a 273. I hope you either have a 3000 stall or a good clutch.

You might need to post it on U tube and post the link here. A 286/510 is pretty serious for a 273. I hope you either have a 3000 stall or a good clutch.

yes, it is a pretty large cam , it idles down to 900 rpm when engine warms up with no problems . 650 holley dp. it has a 4 speed w/ diaphram clutch and 3:55 gears . 25 year old clutch is getting tired though . won't hold when shifting hard . otherwise it's fine .it's days are numbered.

Nope still shows ERROR URL does not exist
just clicked on the "sign in" and it works fine on my end.

don't know why it not going thru. it appears you tube is Google . same thing . when I tried to down load the videos. try again later on.

Last edited:
Post it to youtube and post a link. Simple really.

we are getting your google log in on the pasted link

maybe close out your browser and attempt again . . .download to youtube

Sounded good. You'll have to have someone ride along and take a video while you flogg it out on the street.

Last edited:
It was worth the wait. Sounds good. Seems you scared the little dog in the second video. Better hand out some treats to fix that.
Yes..... my dog "ALVIN" heads for hills every time I start the cuda , even now with mufflers on.

-
Back