65 Cuda wheels..which way to go?

-
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The actual weight of the tire, was my concern with the slant. The bigger or wider the tire, the heavier it would be. More rubber to spin. I ended up with 215-70-14's all around.
Most tire specs, list the weight of each tire.
What car do you have, and what are your plans ?
I have a 1966 valiant with a rebuilt super six and completely redone front and back suspension with poly, bilteins, better torsion bars, old ones were rusted and flaking off steel for it sat in Portland Oregon for 4 years. Scare bird disc set up as well. I was thing 15x7 with 4.25 bs with 215/65r15 all around or a little shorter and wider with 225/60r15. I'm going to do either one. Just have no clue which one to choose. Not worried about clearance for I am a fabricater and I am building This car for me and not for the purist. I'm having a lot of fun. I'm 28 and got diagnosed with blood cancer 1 year ago. No work for me for its a serious stage of it. Enough about that stuff though. So i just hang out at home and have notebooks full of notes and what I want to do to it and what I have already done with item numbers prices and vendors. Keeps my mind off things. I love research and problem solving. Spent a lot of time on this forum and downloaded the 800 page service manual and I'm pretty much using this site and that manual as my reference for my build and it's coming along nicely. These tires are the last decision I have to make for what I'm doing with this build. I have also made my own flat bar put subframe connectors and slapped them on there and and buying Hellwig sway bars so that my components compliment each other instead of doing it half ***. It will be my daily driver. Ride Quality is not something I want to sacrifice too much of for I live in the mountains of Central Oregon. I'm not worried about handling I'm building this thing to handle like it's on rails because there's lots of mountains and valleys where I live. So with all that information what tires out of the two I listed would be better for my suspension I have done and having a healthy ride quality and handling set up. Sorry I could can be very long-winded when talking about things I am passionate about Thx. Here she is so far with the rear half down. Still removing rust from the front. She was very rusty when I saved her from the junk yard. She didn't deserve to be smashed just because she was weathered on the outside doesn't mean she was ready to go So saved her and bought her for 700 bucks. Oh yeah she is a two door hardtop Signet version.

-
Back